Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Each twin prefers a particular parent?help!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 8:55 pm
I have b/g twins who are 1.5 years old. my husband and I basically split the childcare work 50/50 though during their first year I was home with them all day and did most of it. anyway, for the last few months I have noticed that my son prefers my husband to pick him up, care for him etc..even when I am available to do the same...if I pick him up, he may cry of he sees my husband close by....my daughter prefers me though not as extremely...for example, if I walk away from a table she is sitting at, she will start to cry, even if my husband is still there and next to her. so is this normal for children to prefer a certain parent? sis anyone ever have this and it went away?will my son always prefer his father? and I know it has nothing to do with daddy being a novelty because we r home the same amount....I am not taking it personally anymore but I want him to feel comforted by me just as much as he feels that way with his daddy..he used to so whats going on?any insight would be very much appreciated.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 9:37 pm
totally normal.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 9:37 pm
totally normal.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 9:45 pm
totally normal, and be glad at least one kid is happy to go to Daddy, and you don't have them both only wanting you1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more