Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Nose bleeds

amother

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 6:14 am
(Anon because I'm also asking ppl IRL)

How common is it for children to fall/bump their heads and get a nose bleed as a result?

DS is 1.5 and we NEVER had this until about 3 weeks ago, and now he's been having it once a week. He's a very active boy, always running, trying to climb etc. In recent weeks, nothing has changed that might suggest why the nosebleeds have only started now (he hasn't become more active, started falling more etc.) Obviously I do everything I can to prevent falls and ensure that he's safe.

Is this a sign for something that I should be concerned about? Or is this normal? (And if so, then why's it only starting now?)

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 8:09 am
I have one child who is particularly prone to nosebleeds. I was told by her doctor that a major cause is dry air. I try to make sure she is always well hydrated, and she has been known to go to sleep with Vaseline spread around her nostrils.
I have never heard of the connection with the child being active or prone to falling.

naomi2

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 11:06 pm
a humidifier in the bedroom can help too

Happy18

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 11:08 pm
My sister had this. She fell out of her crib and had a nosebleed about once a week. She was taken to an ENT who had to cauterize a spot inside her nose, I dont remember all the details as I was about five at the time. If your concerned take your child to a doctor. It shouldnt be something major so why worry unnecessarily.

Meglmom

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 11:18 pm
Yes my brother also suffered from this until they burned something out. Don't recall exactly but something like happy18 mentioned...but its nothing too serious..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics