Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Les Miserables

leah66

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:09 pm
Has anyone gone to see it yet?
I watched the musical 15 years ago and have been a huge fan ever since. I'm really curious to hear how the film is!

jaysmom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:18 pm
It has mixed reviews, but I loved it! If you love Les Mis, than you have to see it. Its definitely not Broadway, but its still Les Mis Smile Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman were INCREDIBLE. They could have picked a dreamier Marius though Smile

Peanut2

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:32 pm
Are you kidding? I thought Marius was the best one!

I like the actress who plays Cosette in other things, hated her here.

Anne Hathaway was very good and her scenes were really well done, much more than some of the others.
Russel Crowe was not good. Hugh Jackman did a fine job acting.

It's tough getting Hollywood stars to sing in a musical.

The movie is more haunting IMO than just watching the play in some ways. Go see it!

leah66

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 11:04 pm
I doubt I'll watch the movie before it comes out on dvd. Until then I'm making due with the trailers on youtube. I wasn't impressed with Cosette either, but did like Anne Hathaway and the girl who plays Eponine. The scenery/backdrop looks amazing! I could imagine getting really drawn into the movie because of that. The actual singing seemed so so.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 4:04 pm
I'm a major Les Miz fan. Saw it in London and in Tel Aviv! Totally love the music.

black sheep

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 4:34 pm
just saw it, LOVED it! anne hathaway was amazing, her parts so haunting. wow. I cried in the scene where she dies, even though I knew exactly what would happen, saw the play twice and know the words of every song by heart. but her performance was so haunting and just wow. wow.

wolverine was a great jean val jean. russel crowe might be a good actor but they should have picked someone who knows how to sing for the part. gavroch was cute, but his singing was just okay. his acting was great though. cossette was right for the part. the only one I didn't really like was the actress who played eponine. she is the only one who didn't get into the part, you felt like she was acting.

marius... he could have been better looking. but he fit the part well, so I can see why they took him. although I wonder why liam hemsworth couldn't fit that part... (maybe he can't sing?)

oh, and sasha barron cohen!!! I love him!!! he even made the innkeeper character almost likeable. I love the scene where he was acting jealous of his wife with the young guy, but then he was helping her steal from the guy... I don't know, I think he's one of the best actors these days... (this reminds me of the "did your neshama know" thread, for some reason...)

I will DEFINITELY go see it again. this time myself so I can cry without being embarrassed.

best movie of the year. small print: if you like musicals.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 5:39 pm
I saw it over the weekend too, and it was definitely the best movie I've seen in a long while. The last scene really had me tearing up. And I've been humming the songs since then Smile

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 7:26 pm
Thanks for the reviews, all! Knew all the words as a teen in English AND Hebrew! Sounds like if Les Miz is a nostalgic part of your past, you've got to see the movie no matter what :)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics