Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Croup Cough

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:51 pm
My daughter is 2.4 months old... its her third winter season since she's been around. And everytime she gets her first winter cold she cant get rid of her cough until the winter season is gone. She coughs all night, she sleeps further but im sure shes not having a peaceful sleep. Ive tried everything under the sun... nostril sprays, saline drops, humidifiers, open windows, closed windows, now im trying dimetapp... but nothing seems to be doing the job. Does anyone have a miracle idea what can help her?

Thanks.

mfb

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 2:55 pm
if its a croup cough my dr. gives decadron
but something like that may also be allergies
what does the dr. say?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:03 pm
to me it sounds like it is allergies... Now ive ordered some vitamins from the health food store which I hope will do the trick. Dr. is not concerened since her chest sounds clear and I guess that his job... he's not a very concerned dr. at all... All he has suggested were over the counter items...

canadamom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:09 pm
baby or child vicks smeared on the soles of her feet covered in socks. works like a charm.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:11 pm
Bronchitis? Have you tried a round of antibiotics to see if it clears up?

chatouli

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:12 pm
I believe asthma can manifest as a cough in some people.

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:23 pm
No offense to doc but it is NOT normal for a child to chronically cough. Period. Could be asthma, alleriges, sinus infection or a myriad of things but 'nothing' is not one of them. Perhaps a second opinion? Allergy testing, pulmonary function testing and basic bloodwork should be able to rule out many likelihoods. But it is most definitely something to get to the bottom of. Try taking a video of her during her nightime cough/sleep and showing to doc as a start. Refuah Shelaimah.

Last edited by B"H YOM YOM on Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

paperclip

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:23 pm
Magnesium helps for the croup. If you dont have mag, use calcium, which contains magnesium. Another thing I use is sea salt in a nebulizer( I heat up the water and the sea salt, let it cool down and put it into a nebulizer), sea salt has magnesium. It works great!

jaysmom

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 10:25 pm
cool mist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics