Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Only "makes" if naked

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 5:56 pm
My 6 yr old DS will only make #2 if he is completely naked. He will wait to go all day until he is home and able to take off all his clothes. When I asked him why, he answered that he "doesn't want his clothes to get dirty"
Firstly, I'm concerned that it is a symptom of OCD. Also I'm also not sure if I should ignore it, or try to get him to stop.
Anyone else have this experience?

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 6:01 pm
my daughter does it usually when she needs to do a bowel movement. she claims clothes constrict her. I'm introducing her to looking at a picture book instead to distract her.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 6:40 pm
I don't have any experience with this, but would suggest from a common sense perspective that you experiment a bit before jumping to a conclusion like OCD.

Maybe try setting aside a shirt that he will consent to wear for the occasion? Encourage him or help him to pull down what he is wearing on his lower half? Maybe he had an accident one time and is afraid it might happen again.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 6:56 pm
I am like this. Sometimes. Not because im afraid I will get dirtyy but its constricting. I will take of alot of what im wearing . Its hard to explain wht sometimes I do and sometimes I dont need to. Its almost like an animalistic instinct in me making me do it. Smile

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:04 pm
My son will be 6 and when at home he takes off his tzizis when making. He doesn't want them in the way or falling in the toilet. That's no big deal.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:07 pm
I know many boys like this, I think it happens a lot because of the tzizus.

I would call it an OCD tendency not that he has OCD (unless you have other signs showing OCD)

we all have our issues, this is his and it happens to be very common in terms of comfort.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:19 pm
my sons ages four and six. both do this, they also say it's because they don't want to get dirty. they also will not go in school. It is very annoying, (especially since they both decide to go after they are dressed and in their coats), but unless he has other tendencies that seem ocd, I would not worry. (btw, my younger son does do some other ocd things, but not enough to worry me)

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:03 pm
Totally a male thing mg dh does this as do both my sons

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:05 pm
Going to be the millionth person to say, yup, totally normal, one of my sons does this as well. A couple of my friend's sons did this as well, most outgrew it eventually.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:00 pm
OP here, thanks all for your replies, I definitely feel much better now!

syrima

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:05 pm
fiushable wipes helped us a lot!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics