Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Should I call the cops on my teen?
Previous  1  2  3

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 3:26 pm
I never sent a kid away, so I can't help you with that, but I'm sure there are peple who can!

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 8:14 pm
There are some therapy places that have a program where they come to your home and this way they can see everyone "in action" so to speak and then they can focus on all angles of the situation and help everyone with their part of the puzzel. He's not in it alone that way and everyone is helped where they need it. It's usually intensive and about 3 months and is much more effective than regular therapy - which he would continue after program ends. Look on line for stuff in your area.

ny21

Post Fri, Dec 15 2006, 2:48 pm
I read in a jewish paper today of a school for frum teenagers in

brooklyn that just opened up .

Pm me if you might be interested in this school.

Also I read of a school in Israel thats free for American high school students
who wish to go tot school in Isrreal.

Imaonwheels

Post Sat, Dec 16 2006, 12:54 pm
I worked w/a family where one of the children did serious damage to another child. I know others. This, if not handled properly, could turn into a tragedy for all of you.

I would put the school in its place or take him out. I have had my kids in good schools that have canned teachers who don't know how to discipline properly and take it out on the kids. I have a son home for that. The school has to be sensitive to this situation or they are not doing their job. Remember that the school is the parent's shaliach. I do believe his rage will subside with continued understanding from you, more understanding from the school and a positive male figure.

When I lived alone only one Rebbe felt that my situation made his chiuv greater. Our rav did so many Abba things but my boys rejected it for a long time because they wanted their father and would not let the fact that he was in the states sway them. Does your son have a friend whose father would be willing to do things with the 2 of them?

Oh, If anyone needs some talks its your dd who probably has no idea why she is a target.

I would not bring in the cops or the psychologists. Is there a Jewish FC agency in your area.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 10:39 am
Hey there - I get this newsletter in the mail from an organization called M.A.R.CH. mothers alone raising children. I don't know if you're in brooklyn but they advertise a motzei shabbos learning in boro park. They arrange an adult partner for boys 8-12. It says to call Chaya (718) 871-2007.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 12:30 pm
here are a few organizations in NY that may be able to guide you.

Eitzah- 718 851 5111
M.A.R.C.H. 866 769 2311

amother

Post Sun, Dec 17 2006, 1:08 pm
OP here, I live in NJ, but thanks anyway.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 9:44 pm
OP - I live in midwest - project MARCH has reached me - despite the distance.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children