Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Nose
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 9:55 pm
That's what DH says!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 12 2006, 9:58 pm
I had a nose job when I was a teen for medical reasons but I gained alot of self esteem by doing it.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 11:32 pm
I spent my teen years looking at my profile in a mirror, with my finger covering the bump in my nose to imagine how I'd look with a nose job.....

Before going on a summer teen tour when I was about 16 I seriously called around for information about recovery time, etc., so see if I could have "it" done between school getting out and leaving on that trip... (coincidentally, on that trip the first new person I met was a girl who had recently had a nose job, and the tip of her nose had come LOOSE! She didn't have time to fix it before the trip, so it just stayed loose and floppy for those three weeks....shock )

Well, my wise father just kept boosting my self-confidence with compliments (sincere), and he always told me that an interesting face is much more beautiful than a perfect face...

Then he'd open the encyclopedia and show me Cleopatra's profile and tell me that she was considered to be one of the most beautiful women in history... and just look at her NOSE!!!

Eventually it must have sunk in. I grew up, grew into my face more, and made peace with my nose.... I like it now, as does my husband (who told me on one of our first dates that he likes "Jewish" noses - forgive the stereotype but for many people it's accurate).

Now my daughter (early teen) just said to me the other day, "I have a big nose" (referring to herself). I just answered, "Your nose is beautiful and you are beautiful." I will keep reminding her that it is true. Because it is!!!

(On a related note, my toddler said to me, "Me little nose. Mommy big nose!" OK, OK, I know, I know already!!! LOL )

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 19 2006, 12:23 am
Quote:
I wouldn't encourage anyone to have a nose job anyway, unless she had her nose broken or if there was really a problem (not just a big nose, or one with a bump).

U know in theory I too agree but that is possibly b/c Hashem blessed me with a tiny nose Confused .
I was always made fun of by my friends in first and second grade/class that glasses wouldn't stay up since I have no bump. Well only later on I realized perhaps it was a blessing.
Eigther way I say as long as one can breath, then if it aint broken why bother fixing it What
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children