Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hotel in Eilat?
Previous  1  2

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 12:35 pm
mandksima wrote:
amother wrote:
emesornt wrote:
mandksima wrote:
We LOVED the King Solomon!

omg right!!!!! how freaked out were u by the end???
What does that mean?

I don't know either. As far as I know, it is still standing.
omg I thought u guys meant the tourist attraction!! forget it, I wont give out spoilers!!!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 2:39 pm
stick with the Dan, by far the best service and food and a little more modern than the Hilton.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 4:09 pm
DEFINITEY ISROTEL ROYAL BEACH!!! I would rank it ahead of Dan and Hilton. Probably the most convenient location, the nicest beach/poolside, very good restaurants on promnade levels, spa service better than the others. Having said that, it's not cheap. If it's a choice between Dan and Hilton, I would go for Dan.

Royal Beach is the same chain as King Solomon, except KS is touted here as 4-4.5stars mostly aimed for families. (Though they have a nice french restaurant). If you go on full or half board w/Isrotel hotels, you can ask for vouchers and use it at restaurants (as opposed to hotel dining buffets).

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 11:46 pm
OP, which hotel did you stay at? Were you happy, any recommendations?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 11:51 pm
amother wrote:
OP, which hotel did you stay at? Were you happy, any recommendations?
Our trip is scheduled for a week and a half from now iyh. Ask me again in 2 and a half weeks Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 8:35 am
Ok, so amother may meet amother Smile !! Which hotel are you currently leaning to, online everything looks great!

sara_s

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 5:05 am
We stayed at the Herods Palace and LOVED it - they upgraded our room, and the food was fantastic.
Down side is it's a 10 minute walk to the center.

Thinking of staying at the Hilton Queen of Sheba this time - can anyone compare the two?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 5:25 am
Go for the Dan! Food is amazing, far better than the Hilton or Royal Beach. Royal beach food was really disappointing. Hilton is a lot older - Dan closer to the beach.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 9:21 am
Orchidea is incredible, you have rooms with a view of the water and completely private pools!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....l2EaQ

EnEf

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 10:25 am
I'm also looking for hotels in Eilat now. Do you know what the hechsher is at the hotels? We really want to be able to eat breakfast there.

sara_s

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 5:53 am
AFAIK there is no mehadrin hotel in eilat (except when a tour company arranges it) and the hotels are all rabbanut eilat kashrut

We spoke to the mashgiach at the Herods before we went and asked him what was mehadrin, and he told us that at breakfast we could eat everything except the hard chesses and the vine leaves.

So before you book a hotel, call them and ask for the mashgiachs number and speak to him

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:06 am
I recommend both the Dan (love the goofy room decor, even though it's dated, and the breakfasts are amazing) and the Royal Beach (high-quality and elegant, somewhat less flashy than the Dan).

dlj

Post Sat, Jan 05 2013, 5:59 pm
Useful thread so far - thank you!

Can someone advise what hotel they'd recommend in Eilat for a vacation with toddlers I.e. lots of kids facilities?

Thanks

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 7:30 pm
dlj wrote:
Useful thread so far - thank you!

Can someone advise what hotel they'd recommend in Eilat for a vacation with toddlers I.e. lots of kids facilities?

Thanks

King Solomon which is a part of Isrotel chain is very kids friendly. I like their family room with an alcove where children can sleep. There's also a play area, I think they also have kids programme/play coordinator but I've never used one as they were in Ivrit.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 12:14 pm
We were at the orchid hotel,in the shangri la villa. It was an incredible experience, I would go again just for the hotel. Very Happy

http://www.orchidvillas.co.il/en/?cat=4

dlj

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 3:51 pm
Thanks Mrs Bissli

Can anyone give a comparison of Royal Garden and King Solomon - these are the 2 we're choosing between.

Thank you

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 4:44 pm
How is the Meridian

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 8:41 pm
dlj wrote:
Thanks Mrs Bissli

Can anyone give a comparison of Royal Garden and King Solomon - these are the 2 we're choosing between.

Thank you

We stayed at both hotels.
Royal Garden: pro--small kitchenette (electric hob, fridge, microwave, though you'll probably have to kasher and can't really use their pots/pans/dishes etc). There's a smallish but very nice shopping mall that's attached. Less crowded than KS. con--less amenity, most packages are room only.

King Solomon: pro--packages on full or half board, no need to cook (assuming you're ok with their hechsher), more amenity, kids activities etc. Good room layout, easier to arrange a babysitter (well most likely receptionists' sisters...) Con--can get crowded, feeding frenzy at peak meal times. It is a BIG hotel. Rather inappropriate entertainment (eg beauty contests and poolside games with microphones) on shabbat.

Actually both are Isrotel chains. One neat thing you can do if you're on half/full board is, you don't have to eat at the hotel buffets (KS), you can use the meal voucher to get the equivalent amount off at series of non-buffet restaurants, including the steakhouse and the oriental resto at Royal Beach. Similarly, you can bring their "beach card" to another hotel's beach (Royal Beach is nice) and get the towels.

dlj

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 12:23 pm
Thank you for the helpful reply.

We have opted for the Royal Garden! Hope it all works out well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions