Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby with laryngo/tracheomalacia-need chizuk

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 10:26 pm
My baby was just diagnosed with laryngo/tracheomalacia. I'm scared and confused and would love to get some chizzuk and advice from someone who has been there. I know it's pretty rare but are there any imamothers here who had a child with this? Did they outgrow it and when???

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 10:40 pm
If you would like to, please pm me.

mother of boyz

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 11:08 pm
My baby was diagnosed when he was a few months (took a while to get the right diagnosis) he outgrew it b4 he turned a year. Other than frightening gags when eating he was totally fine bh

mebs

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 1:08 am
My son was diagnosed with laryngomalacia at 6 weeks. He had a bronchoscopy (sticking a tube with a camera down his throat, done in hospital under anaesthetic) done at 2 months to confirm the diagnosis and see how severe it was.

The only difference that we noticed was that he made noises when he breathed and that it was too hard for him to nurse, so I pumped bottles for him.

He grew out of it by the time he was 2 and is now perfectly healthy b"H.

exhausted

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 6:35 am
My son was (possibly) diagnosed with it at 2 1/2 weeks and was in the hospital for 3 weeks until they could come up with a definite diagnoses. At first we were told he would have it for up to 4 years. He's now 20 months old and has completely outgrown it (last year) and is a beautiful, healthy, intelligent and robust child BH. He was also on oxygen for about 8 months. Just reading your post brought back all the shock and fear we felt when he was first diagnosed. I felt so alone because no one we knew ever heard of it. I didn't even think to come on here for support. Feel fee to PM me for chizzuk and info. I also had to pump bottles as nursing was too hard for him. I kept putting him on the breast every day or 2 to keep him familiar and at about 3 months was able to go to full time nursing. He self weaned at 18 months.

exhausted

Post Tue, Jan 15 2013, 6:46 am
I just wanted to point out that they are related, but not the same condition. Tracheomalacia is much more severe than laryngomalacia. Do you know which one your baby has? At first my baby was diagnosed with tracheomalacia because he was so noisy and turned purple when he nursed, but when they looked down his throat with a camera under general anaesthetic they changed the diagnosis to laryngomalacia.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics