Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I dont want to nurse my future kids
Previous  1  2

ellie23

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 1:47 pm
I dont want to either- I couldnt stand it the first time! a lot of people judge me for that but I couldnt care less....I have raised some very healthy, bottlefed babies....and we bonded plenty when I wasnt in horrible pain from rashes, infections and cracked nipples.

ven

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 3:49 pm
ellie23 wrote:
I dont want to either- I couldnt stand it the first time! a lot of people judge me for that but I couldnt care less....I have raised some very healthy, bottlefed babies....and we bonded plenty when I wasnt in horrible pain from rashes, infections and cracked nipples.

dont wanna go thru the whole threat but I am also a very happy bottle feeding mummie , with very content and healthy babies , they accepted the food intsantly were happy and full ... and they are sick once a year
do what u feel like !

imaima

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 3:59 pm
punchike wrote:
I completely agree with the op. I nurse and I have no idea why.

I just don't get how people manage when they are feeding their child every two hours or more often for months and months. I've nursed all my children so far kah, and they've been on the low end of the chart, and never satisfied.

Here's a question, I've been wondering if there's any value to breastmilk if you don't eat a balanced diet. If you just nosh your way through the day, could formula be better? If you don't eat properly, will breastmilk have all those nutrients? or would it just be glorified water?

As far as I know, all the nutrients will first go to the milk, and the mother's body will get what will be left (or have a deficiency).

thatgirl

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:08 pm
I too wonder about how healthy I should be eating if I'm nursing. Both my kids were sick and I nursed. I was told by doctors that they could have been more sick if I didnt nurse.. but I dont know anymore.
My baby seems to always have a runny nose and cough and I nurse... is it because I am not eating healthy enough? I was told that breastmilk alone even if I dont eat so healthy has great nurtients in it. But how can tha make sense? I also feel like with formula you can see how much they are getting and its packed with nutrients.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics