Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Food Stamps Problem Baltimore

amother

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 10:46 pm
Anyone else get food stamps in Baltimore and have major issues reaching anyone, including the 'case worker' phone number they write on top of the mailings they send you?
We've been told we need to go thru redetermination however we can not go in for the interview on the date they gave us, but we humanly can NOT reach a friggin soul there with the phone number they gave us!! It's so frusterating! Anyone also having this issue?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 10:07 am
I have had this issue with other things (MCHP). I don't know where you live, but contacting my delegate led to an incredibly fast response time -- *I* got called back.

I also called EVERY SINGLE NUMBER I could get a hold of (I live in the County) and left messages saying "I know you're not my case worker, but I have an urgent issue and no one has called me back". Try your case workers number with a different last digit, they're usually assigned in blocks, so if his is 7903, you would call 7900 7901 7902, etc
In my case, I have a case manager listed with an incorrect phone number, so I didn't feel bad spamming everyone else. I also one time got a very helpful receptionist who couldn't fix my issue but was sympathetic and transferred me to the supervisor.
She also told me that the case managers never return calls because they don't have time (isn't it nice they leave outgoing messages that they will return your call in 48 business hours? Tongue Out)

If you can, going in might be your best bet. Go in person to the office and say "I have a problem and I need it dealt with. I have an appt scheduled for X date, I need to reschedule, and no one is getting back to me"

Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics