Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DC was hit with a metal chain in his eye- should he see dr?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:55 am
My DC was hit in the eye with a think metal chain by his friend. His eye is a little red inside. Do I need to take him to a dr to have his eye checked?

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:14 am
yes. this is not even a questionable issue.

jflower

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:19 am
of course! make an appointment to see an eye dr now!

Sherri

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:28 am
What are you waiting for? Refuah shelaima.

StrongIma

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:33 am
if the rd spot is a small one only in the white of the eye and there is no additional bleeding, I don't know that you need to run to the dr.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:35 am
Thanks for your replies. He wasnt complaining so my friend said I should just give it time to heal. I wasnt very calm thats why I came here to ask your opinion. I scheduled an appointment for today, I will keep you posted iyh.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:37 am
StrongIma wrote:
if the rd spot is a small one only in the white of the eye and there is no additional bleeding, I don't know that you need to run to the dr.

I only see its a little red on the white part of the eye. But how can I know if there is additional bleeding?

imamiri

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
StrongIma wrote:

I only see its a little red on the white part of the eye. But how can I know if there is additional bleeding?

How about letting a doctor figure it out? It's really hard to determine how bad it is. It's an eye, kind of important.

Seriously, call a doctor or go to urgent care.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:04 pm
imamiri wrote:
amother wrote:
StrongIma wrote:

How about letting a doctor figure it out? It's really hard to determine how bad it is. It's an eye, kind of important.

Ok tnx, I have an appointment to dr. I will iyh update when I get back from Dr.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
imamiri wrote:
amother wrote:
StrongIma wrote:

Ok tnx, I have an appointment to dr. I will iyh update when I get back from Dr.

Good. My son got hit with a ball and his pediatrician sent us straight to an eye doctor, they don't fool around with eye stuff. Not saying not to go the pediatrician, just saying that that's how seriously eye stuff is taken, for many reasons. Hope all's well.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:12 pm
When I was younger, someones backpack banged into my eye as they were swinging it over their shoulder. I didn't cry, but my eye felt like sandpaper. After seeing an eye doctor, I found out that my cornea was scratched. Needed drops, and wore a patch for a little while, and was good as new. The sooner you seek treatment, the less of a chance of permanent damage.

Hope your son is okay. good luck at the doctor!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:20 pm
Tnx for sharing your experience. Hope to share good news soon.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:28 pm
MrsDash wrote:
When I was younger, someones backpack banged into my eye as they were swinging it over their shoulder. I didn't cry, but my eye felt like sandpaper. After seeing an eye doctor, I found out that my cornea was scratched. Needed drops, and wore a patch for a little while, and was good as new. The sooner you seek treatment, the less of a chance of permanent damage.

Hope your son is okay. good luck at the doctor!

And I, once ignored a bruise to my eye. I really thought it's nothing and it's gonna heal. It even stopped hurting fast.
That was the worst thing I did to myself. It never healed properly. I did suffer permanent damage and I keep suffering from it. Better safe than sorry.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 7:19 pm
Dr checked DC and bh everything is fine with the eye. He said we're lucky it didnt get a drop further. Thanks ladies for telling me to have it checked out! I am much calmer now.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 8:18 pm
Happy to hear, OP! Sometimes its good to go to he dr just for our own sanity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics