Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Brooklyn doctor to help with tongue tie

goodmorning

Post Fri, Apr 20 2012, 9:46 am
I'm looking for an ENT (or pediatric dentist or any other doctor who deals with this) to help with a case of infant tongue tie, in or near Brooklyn.

My insurance is United Healthcare Community Plan (formerly Americhoice).

Thanks!

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 10:08 pm
Dr. Ari Goldsmith

miami85

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 10:58 pm
How old is your baby? My son had it but it corrected itself on its own. My pediatrician said that before 6 months there's nothing to do for it.

GiGichai

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 11:06 pm
Dr. robert feldman in crown heights cut my first childs tongue tie on her visit as a newborn. I was a bit taken aback and postpartumish but u can give him a call.

cbg

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:03 pm
My grandson had his snipped at 3 weeks and again at 6 months, at the pediatric dentist office connected with maimonedes hospital in Boro park. I don't remember the dentist's name. I do remember that it was a frum female dentist. If you are interested I can ask my daughter. I went with her and the baby to the first visit.
The dentist snipped it, took literally 1 minute, then she told my daughter to nurse the baby. Sometimes the toungue tie heals again and the procedure needs to be done a second time. There is minimal blood and the baby cries for a little bit. If you plan to do it don't wait too long as it may impede speech

This is a hereditary condition. DH has it, never snipped, does NOT have any speech impediment, but he always complains that he can't roll his Rs in Spanish ( he's from Argentina). DD, the mother of the baby had it snipped at age 1 yr. She did have a slight lisp when she was young, which went away on its own.

mother of boyz

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:41 pm
My son was 4 weeks when I had it 'clipped' by Sarah dvorkes (midwife in Brooklyn) his case was so bad but I was told ill have to wait till he's older as the Ent won't do it w/o anesthesia
Than I heard abt Sarah,, well other than about 3 min of bleeding the entire thing was behind us bh!! But that was over 8 years ago I wonder if she still does it
Good luck!

mother of boyz

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:43 pm
Oh didn't even check the date!! I'm sure the issue is resolved by now (hopefully)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics