Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shalach manos idea- no theme
Previous  1  2  3  4

csk

Post Sun, Jan 27 2013, 6:00 pm
I bake a small challah in a pretty pan (gold and brown disposable) and send it with a bottle of grape juice or wine. It is used for the seuda and looks nice.

calaflower

Post Sun, Jan 27 2013, 6:25 pm
I see people writing iced coffee, would really like to include that in my mm, but how? Are you talking about the prepackaged ones?.our do you prepare it in some way and then give it out?

bobeli

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:53 pm
lovely1 wrote:
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

I'd love to give real food, as opposed to junk food, but I need about a week to prepare all of mine, and no real food will stay good that long. I usually dump a few snack bags plus an orange into a balloon. It takes 5-10 minutes to blow up and stuff and tie each balloon, so we do a few each evening for the week before purim. Here's pics: http://helpellen.com/pump-a-pr.....manos
Ooh, I love this idea! I wish I could find such a balloon filling device somewhere.

me too! so if you find a place that sells the household one pls let me know

ImNotAMother

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 2:02 am
calaflower, to me "iced coffee" means the single serving J&J Iced Cappuccino in the rectangular box. I would refrigerate them because they taste better cold, but they are "shelf stable" until opened (I.e. they don't really need to be refrigerated). They can be pricey ($1.50/each) but our grocery gives a discount if you buy it by the case.

I have also done kosher dunkin donut munchkins & a chocolate milk which everyone loves.

calaflower

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 9:25 am
ImNotAMother wrote:
calaflower, to me "iced coffee" means the single serving J&J Iced Cappuccino in the rectangular box. I would refrigerate them because they taste better cold, but they are "shelf stable" until opened (I.e. they don't really need to be refrigerated). They can be pricey ($1.50/each) but our grocery gives a discount if you buy it by the case.

I have also done kosher dunkin donut munchkins & a chocolate milk which everyone loves.

Thanks! Yes, it's pricey, but if you don't put in much else, I guess it ends up equaling out... I guests curricular milk would be around the same price, especially bc many if the people we give to only eat Cholov Yisrael

amother

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 11:53 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

I'd love to give real food, as opposed to junk food, but I need about a week to prepare all of mine, and no real food will stay good that long. I usually dump a few snack bags plus an orange into a balloon. It takes 5-10 minutes to blow up and stuff and tie each balloon, so we do a few each evening for the week before purim. Here's pics: http://helpellen.com/pump-a-pr.....manos

what kind of balloons do you use?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics