Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pesach for less..has anyone been to this pesach program?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:59 am
Pesachforless.com seems to be offering the best prices around for a hotel pesach program in the ny/nj area. Wondering if anyone has been there last year and can give me some more info on what type of program it was?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:12 am
Sorry I wasn't there, but maybe it includes washing dishes in their kitchen, and helping to vacuum or wash floors? Or maybe to help peel potatoes? You usually get what you pay for.
I have heard of disasters like being served stale Matzos from the previous year, having to leave in the middle of yom tov because the food was so awful, etc. so please check it out well before you commit.
Good luck!

[Please note that this is a general comment and not about this specific program. -merelyme, as mod]

Leahh

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Pesachforless.com seems to be offering the best prices around for a hotel pesach program in the ny/nj area. Wondering if anyone has been there last year and can give me some more info on what type of program it was?

Havent been there but have heard that its nice. Its only their 3rd yr I think. They dont offer entertainment which helps keep the cost down. If ur looking for entertainment its not for you but if you're happy with no extra frills youll be happy.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 10:55 pm
No entertainment is not a problem for us but good food is important. Have you heard anything about the food?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 11:15 pm
Different poster from the OP but I'm interested as well. I have 3 little kids - is the day camp decent? They don't need anything fancy, they just need some organized activities for one or 2 hours so they don't go nuts.

mamabear123

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 8:19 am
I am going and willing to give them a chance. Can not bad mouth a program if have not been there and it is certainly loshen horah. Is it better to stay home and make pesach? We should be carefull how talk about others

amother

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 2:31 pm
If anyone goes, can you post how it was? That sounds like something we might want to do sometime. Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 10:07 pm
bump

amother

Post Thu, Mar 28 2013, 10:49 pm
I'm here at the program now. I must say, it actually turned out even better than I expected. The hotel it's at is nice, not too small yet not too big. It's modern and clean, with only 3 floors, so everything is accessible. The food is good. Not fancy, but good. The crowd is low key and mixed. There are yeshivish guests from Lakewood and more modern guests from Long Island and everything in between. Everyone is very friendly. There is no crazy pressure to dress to the 9's, I wore my robe a snood in the mornings and afternoons, and people are no ostentatious like they were in other hotels I've been to.

My kids are enjoying the day camp. There's no frills, but it's 4 structured hours during the day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. The Morah is a married woman and everything is run professionally. There were some glitches with the food being served at some of the meals. We had to wait a long time between courses one or two times, but that's something that can happen anywhere. I wasn't expecting any programming on Chol Hamoed, but today there was a magic show and there's supposed to be a petting zoo on Sunday. That together with the swimming, meals and day camp, keeps my kids busy and there's no need to take them on expensive trips. I would have loved if there would be babysitting available at night so I could put my kids to sleep and not torture them to stay up for the seder but they didn't have that option. The Tenenbaums are a really sweet couple who have everyone's best interests in mind. They tried to accommodate me as much as they were able and they seem engaged with their guests. They are definitely running things professionally.

I would definitely go another year. I would recommend this for the money. I've been to hotels with fancier food that were way more expensive, but the hosts weren't so nice and the crowd was very rich and ostentatious. The day camp wasn't run as professionally as it is here and the entertainment was brand-name, so I guess that's why they charged more. This program has a very warm, cozy feeling and all of my needs have been met.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 1:47 pm
Previous poster who's there - can you ask them if they would think of doing a "Post-Pesach-Program"?

Many of those who don't (or can't) go away (don't mish etc) but are exhausted from hosting the whole family would love to get away for a couple of days AFTER Pesach, if the price were reasonable.

Once they've got the whole hotel kashered, it could be a great idea. (Of course, this would probably have to be booked in advance, but maybe they would think about it for next year!)

mamabear123

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 8:05 pm
I was also there this past pesach. THe tennenbaums did a great job. I was not expecting much and they pleasantly surprised me. Mu husband wound up in hospital and they were very accomidating. It was about 450 people,but by the end of week we felt like family. I did not need fancy prices or could not afford to go away,but the atmospere was very friendly. They worked for moths on this and even worked hard on seating plan and they did A+ job. I even met someone I have not seen in in about 35 years who I used to babysit her children. It is ashem people posted bad comments before even went there. A few glitchees with meals can happen even in expensive programs . I give them A+

amother

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 9:36 am
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to to thank the posters who went there for writing positive reviews Smile. I'm going there this year for personal reasons although I'm not so happy about going to a hotel. No snarky comments please! I honestly wish I wasn't but I've spoken to a few people and they all felt that based on my particular situation I should go to a hotel. My brother who is in kollel told me that I should realize that I'm going for ruchniusdik reasons even if there are reasons why it wouldn't be my preferance and I should go. I am NOT a fancy person at all and have bad memories of going to a hotel as a child. It really put me in a better mood to hear people write that I won't be looked down on for wearing a tichel, that it will be a mixed crowd- we wouldn't feel comfortable in a very MO OR a very yesheivish place so mixed is ideal for us, that it's professionally run etc.... I felt like I could breath so I just wanted to say a very big thank you for taking the time to post!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 12:16 am
I'm considering this program, so thank you for posting.
to the posters who went there I have a few questions.
what is the schedule like? hours of day camp? ages?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 1:06 am
Can someone please tell me the price of this program?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 10:08 pm
im going this year for the first time in my life going to a hotel.
Im very excited but afraid ill be alone, as my situation is complicated.
I hope it turns out well and warm crowd.
Freilechen Pesach!

b from nj

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 10:32 pm
I just went on the site & see they had a big problem with the hotel where they were supposed to have the pesach program but luckily another option worked out for them last minute.

I am curious to know how much it costs per person there versus at other pesach programs. My guess is that most programs charge around $2000 per adult. Am I correct?

SZ mother

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 11:49 pm
would love to hear more about this program.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 25 2014, 12:16 pm
I believe it was 3200 for a couple so that's about 1600 per person in a shared room. I was there this year. The Tanenbaums (the people who run it) are very sweet as are the daycamp staff. If I went back to a hotel next year (hope to be "able" to make it at home- no snarky comments, I know I'm lucky to be able to afford to go away and that other people just deal and do it at home no matter what. ) it would probably be there.

bobeli

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 9:09 pm
can someone that went elaborate more so we can know for next year

mamabear123

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 7:01 am
This will be my third year going and the tennenbaums do a wonderful program. things can happen in all programs even expensive ones. There program is run well sometimes a few glitches,but they do try to fix right away. The day camps are run professionally and you feel like family there. A lot of same people come back year after year so that tells you something. The crowd is mixed modern ,yeshiva and chasidish. I fall in middle. You do not have to dress fancy and you will still fit in. The price is reasonable 3399$ a couple and 750$ a child over 2 I think ,but the tennenbaums are easy to work with. he program this year is in a beautiful mansion in long island ,central to everywhere. I come probably the furthest montreal ,but there have been others florida , Toronto etc. I would not be able to afford to go away with other programs
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics