Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Really really weird issue

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 10:46 am
So I have this really weird issue with my ds. I bought the malem bedwetting alarm and since I started using it 2 nights ago my son started this weird pattern; he's up all night vomiting and than he's fine all day. Same thing repeated itself for second time last night he was up all night vomiting and now hes fine. I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with this alarm that he's wearing?? Anyone? TIA

alte mamme

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 3:03 pm
I don't know what the bedwetting alarm is, but I would stop using it!!!

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 3:17 pm
Great post, Altemamme.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 3:21 pm
altemamme, this is an alarm that is put on to the child's pjs or underwear that goes off if the child starts to urinate and so it is supposed to wake them to go to the bathroom.

OP, I would think that it was a coincidence.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 4:02 pm
Maybe ask the doctor before continuing to use it? Might be the electronic device does not agree with him...did you get this online or from a medical doctor? I would definitely speak to your pediatrician before continuing to use it...doesn't sound right.

geemum

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 4:13 pm
it could very likely be a coincidence that he got a bug, but I would suggest you stop using it for a week or so. once he's better start using it again and if this starts again then you'll know.

cm

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:06 pm
Is he vomiting from anxiety?

Liba

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:11 pm
Two options, either stop using it at night, or leave it on during the day and see what happens...

That sounds like a lot of vomiting though! Sad I would think that stopping it for a bit, even if it isn't related to the alarm, is a good idea. If he hasn't had decent sleep in a couple nights he is likely to sleep really soundly and have less success with the alarm once he is well enough to sleep.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:14 pm
We used it for two kids and it didn't really work. I dont see how it could cause stomach upset except from nerves?

lamplighter

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:46 pm
My guess is that it's either not related or anxiety related.

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:54 pm
Op here,
I don't think it's anxiety cuz he's very excited about the fact that this might help him stop his bedwetting which really bothers him. Might very well be coincidence but when my dh pointed out that maybe it's related I first thought its absurd (all it is is battery operated) but than I thought maybe....
I guess I'll stop it for like 2 nights and than try again than ill know if it's that!
I did pay 100 bucks for it..Sad

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:56 pm
Also the reason I thought its not your typical bug is that during the day from like 10:00-11:00 am he's fine it's only @ night that he's sick which I've never had before!

bnm

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 5:57 pm
where do you live? there is a stomach virus going around brooklyn that involves vomiting and then feeling ok the rest of the time.

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 6:02 pm
Monsey. I heard of stomach virus going around too but not one that's restricted to nights

bnm

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 6:25 pm
mother of boyz wrote:
Monsey. I heard of stomach virus going around too but not one that's restricted to nights

my daughter threw up 2-3 nights only, then 2-3 mornings, today she says she threw up a tiny in school (I had asked the dr and he said I can send)
I did one night meanwhile, hopefully it stopped.

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 9:53 pm
my daughter threw up 2-3 nights only, then 2-3 mornings, today she says she threw up a tiny in school (I had asked the dr and he said I can send)
I did one night meanwhile, hopefully it stopped.[/quote]
So you're saying she threw up just nights too?

bnm

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:29 pm
mother of boyz wrote:
I did one night meanwhile, hopefully it stopped.

So you're saying she threw up just nights too?[/quote]

yes, first was nights, then switched to mornings

Learning

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:02 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
altemamme, this is an alarm that is put on to the child's pjs or underwear that goes off if the child starts to urinate and so it is supposed to wake them to go to the bathroom.

OP, I would think that it was a coincidence.

I used to throw up when I was nervous. I think he is so nervous that the alarm will go on that he is vomiting.

mother of boyz

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 12:13 pm
Just an update on this, I don't want to scare anyone away from using this alarm if needed! After two nights of using the alarm and having ds vomit all night I decided to give him a break and see what happens. He slept like a log the next night! (Coincidentally he was dry for next 3 nights) so I didn't use the alarm the entire week, but after two wet nights decided to go back to it. I have used it Motzei shabbos and last night and bh no issues with being sick anymore. It must have been either some kind of bug for two nights or like some have mentioned anxiety
Interestingly the alarm doesn't go off at night when I use it and he wakes up dry prob from the pressure!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics