Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Blended soup recipe?

koolmother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 4:49 pm
Anyone have a tried and tested good soup recipe,
I prefer ones that get blended

bamamama

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 5:16 pm
You can pretty much put anything in a blended soup. I start with a ton of onions and a pinch of salt and saute in oil for a while until they are almost caramelized. My favorite is to then add garam masala and garlic. Saute for another few minutes add and chopped yams. Cover with water and simmer until yams are tender. Blend and finish with coconut milk. Add more salt to taste.

There is also a great blended herbed carrot soup in the original Moosewood cookbook. I can type it up if you're interested (though you can prob google it just as well).

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 5:24 pm
The roasted cauliflower soup in Kosher by Design Entertaining is always a hit here.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 5:32 pm
Really you can make one with anything that you have around the house! I have done it with a butternut squash that I had around, as well as a few sweet potatoes and sauteed onion. Really let your taste buds do the work from there... saute the onion, chop up the veggies, and add lots off water and bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer till the veggies are super soft. (I am giving step by step instructions cuz thats what I would have needed a few months ago!) When its done, add salt and/or soup mix, onion or garlic powder, and anything you would want to add to it. If you have an immersion blender, blend it all together when it has cooled a little bit. you can make a big bowl and freeze individual portions if you want! Enjoy! Zuccini-Potato is also a good combo.

granolamom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 5:37 pm
like the others have said, anything goes.

here, we like butternut squash with carrot and sweet potato, sweet potato & leek, carrots/potato and dill, yukon gold potato with leeks, onion and celery.

sneakermom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 6:00 pm
I saute a couple of cloves of garlick on a low flame with a little bit less than a quarter cup oil. When it looks golden I add cubed butternut squash and saute that in the mix. Then add water, and a meat bone. Cook for about an hour and blend (don't blend the bone) add a bit of salt. It comes out so delicious that there is never a drop left over. You can make it how thick or thinned out you like.

Also. You can take some more cloves garlick and saute in oil. Add zucchini once the garlick is golden, and saute. Add chicken stock and some barley. Blend. You can add cubed chicken breast to this and it is delicious. Or you can leave out the barley and the stock and the chicken and it is still delicious.

sped

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 7:05 pm
sneakermom wrote:
I saute a couple of cloves of garlick on a low flame with a little bit less than a quarter cup oil. When it looks golden I add cubed butternut squash and saute that in the mix. Then add water, and a meat bone. Cook for about an hour and blend (don't blend the bone) add a bit of salt. It comes out so delicious that there is never a drop left over. You can make it how thick or thinned out you like.

Also. You can take some more cloves garlick and saute in oil. Add zucchini once the garlick is golden, and saute. Add chicken stock and some barley. Blend. You can add cubed chicken breast to this and it is delicious. Or you can leave out the barley and the stock and the chicken and it is still delicious.

These sound yum, but no onion?

sneakermom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 7:44 pm
I have done it with onion and without and I think without tastes better texture wise. The garlick cloves add tons of flavor and the natural creaminess of the veggy comes out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics