Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tory Burch fall 2013 MY DREAM WARDROBE

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:23 pm
OH my!!!! I love this clothes . best part is that a lot is classic and an be found "around" (that is the fun for me) , great styling ,very ladylike LOVE <LOVE LOVE

http://www.toryburch.com/Tory-......html

Lani22

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:28 pm
tory's ex husband has created a line very similar to hers but at a fraction of her prices-
http://www.cwonder.com/

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:39 pm
Lani22 wrote:
tory's ex husband has created a line very similar to hers but at a fraction of her prices-

Oh cool! not cool if he is ripping her off though.......but it all has been done before , I like the modern 20s take here

I love the Vintage thrift hunt : ) nothing beats 99cent mondays at some hole in the wall stores !

teen dd has caught the thrift bug too it is cool to compare loot Wink

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 7:01 pm
Beautiful!

I'm seeing these kind of styles in more affordable stores like Forever 21 and H&M. Stiff blazers and jackets, sheath dresses and skirts, lots of silk shirts and tunics, etc.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 7:21 pm
Interesting somewhat old-fashioned styles; but why did they clone the models and their haircuts?!

An artsy creative person can find those things in their friends' grandmothers' closets.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 7:45 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting somewhat old-fashioned styles; but why did they clone the models and their haircuts?!

An artsy creative person can find those things in their friends' grandmothers' closets.

I can see how this is not for everyone ..IMO style has been going downhill reaching rock bottom with those hideous bodicon Kardashian like elastic dresses UCH..

I think hair was kept low key to showcase the clothing and to hint at 1920's short hairstyles

I WISH my grandmother would have kept some of her stuff but she was poor so it would not have worked for me anyway . If you compare the tailoring and materials used in those grandmothers clothes is like day and night the same quality and craftmanship now is basically bespoke and $$$$$.

So I get the drift LOL (you can do it as your self next time , I really don't bite)

PSA...(Amother you gave me an idea here)
Anyone with a grandmother who wants to throw away some of this old awesome stuff ..PM ME AND ADOPT ME!!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 8:03 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
(you can do it as your self next time , I really don't bite)

you don't - but I do Cheese

shlomitsmum wrote:
PSA...(Amother you gave me an idea here)
Anyone with a grandmother who wants to throw away some of this old awesome stuff ..PM ME AND ADOPT ME!!

It's not really me but my artsy daughter who should be credited.

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:

That's usually what's done by fashion shows. The makeup artist and hairstylist do the same look for every model to keep it uniform. Also, so that any new look they try can then be associated with their name and runway show.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 8:06 pm
"artsy" should be --artful--

comprende re the hair - but I don't have to like it

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:

I didn't say you have to like it. I'm just answering the question where you asked about why they did the hair like this. Jeez, amother.

cookiecutter

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 8:18 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
Lani22 wrote:

Oh cool! not cool if he is ripping her off though.......but it all has been done before , I like the modern 20s take here
Not to hijack this thread, but I can't help mentioning that they had a court case over this, which the judge rather entertainingly predicted would be a "drunken WASP fest". Sadly, the case settled before that could happen. For those who are interested in this sort of thing, you can Google the transcript in question - it has very entertaining discussion of the definition of WASP, and a cameo mention of a frum lawyer's peyos, if you look carefully.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 12:24 pm
Maya wrote:
amother wrote:

I didn't say you have to like it. I'm just answering the question where you asked about why they did the hair like this. Jeez, amother.

I was actually commenting on this thought:

shlomitsmum wrote:
I think hair was kept low key to showcase the clothing and to hint at 1920's short hairstyles

I suppose it can relate to yours as well. I thought this was a conversation. Why all the hoopla about j#sus ~ he is dead you know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics