Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is my son being molested?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 5:16 am
I just came back from a meeting with my 6 yo son's ganenet and the school psychologist, in which they basically said they were concerned about my son's behavior in the last few weeks. He's always had some weird things, but he was diagnosed with very high functioning PDD, so it's sort of expected, but they said most recently, he's been extremely withdrawn--he puts his hood on and goes to sit under the sinks in the bathroom, he's been having a lot of pee accidents, he's been complaining that his aiver is bothering him (we had him tested for UTI. It was negative), he told one of the gananot that his brain tells him what to do, and he can't control his actions, he's become extremely sensitive, more so than normal, to sounds, sensations, tastes. And then added to that, he's been very reticent to go to gan in the past week and a half, and he even told my husband one day on the way to gan that he wishes an Arab would come and kill him, chas v'shalom. There's one kid in the class with serious behavioral problems, so we thought that might be what's bothering him, but based on what the gananet and the psychologist were saying, it seems to be more than that.

After they told me all these symptoms they were worried about, they recommended that for the next few weeks I "stay close to him." Like, invite his friends to come play at our house instead of letting him run around the neighborhood with his friends, and keep a close watch on him. And that's when it dawned on me what they seemed to be suggesting. So I asked them straight out, "Are you worried someone is abusing him?" And they said it could be any number of things, but that is a possibility that they are concerned about.

So obviously, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but of course now I'm very worried. What do I do?

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 5:31 am
Oy, so sorry you have to think about this!

Don't overreact. There is a big difference between "we can't rule out this possibility yet" and "he is being abused." I assume they will be watching carefully at gan, too, since he is saying he doesn't want to go there?

I have more to offer in pm if you want to discuss further.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics