Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When are you turning over your kitchen?
Previous  1  2

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 1:18 am
DH decides when he turns over.

However, I just ordered gluten free matzah for a Pesach guest. I'm excited for Pesach. Of course, first we're making Purim seudah, and oh, a wedding. Go with the flow...

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 1:20 am
I plan on turning over the Monday or Tuesday before pesach. Yes that's almost a week. Yes we are having a pesach Shabbos before pesach. I have alot of small kids and I want to be able to get it all done in time and not stressed out. I also cook alot in advance to help minimize the stress.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 1:20 am
Hoping to Kasher Thursday night and cover Friday. Will start cooking sunday. hoping there will be a kiddush in shule on shabbos and Frinight will be takeout probobly.

ray family

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 1:48 am
ideal for me would be thursday and make a pesachdik shabbos. knowing my husband most likely sunday.
I usually do not cook in advance but I want to know that it's ready for me to just start.

Starhavah

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 5:57 am
I will turn over my kitchen the Sunday a week before Pessach. Food for the intervening week will either be KLP or take out, eaten off of paper, but I work full time and will only have the Friday before off.

BTW, I LOVE the Balabusta's Daily Diary. I now only use on line stuff, but if I did not, the Balabusta's Daily Diary would be it.

smss

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 7:30 am
boysrus wrote:
LADIES -
you are making me nervous! It is not even Purim yet and already you are talking about when to be ready for Pesach!??? This is the last time I will be looking at this thread and any similar ones until about one week befor Pesach. A suggestion to those who are reading adn responding to this and the other pesach threads: Take it easy, do not let Pesach stress you out. Do not enter yomtov feeling like a shmatte. The mitzvah is to get rid of chametz, not dust. hatzlacha to you all.

And above all, please do not let your kids get the impression that cleaning for pesach equals misery. make it fun! and have a chag SAMEACH!

personally I find that the more organized I am and the more I do ahead of time, the less stressful pesach is. the more I leave for the last minute, the MORE stressful it is and the more miserable I make everyone!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 7:43 am
boysrus wrote:
LADIES -
you are making me nervous! It is not even Purim yet and already you are talking about when to be ready for Pesach!??? This is the last time I will be looking at this thread and any similar ones until about one week befor Pesach. A suggestion to those who are reading adn responding to this and the other pesach threads: Take it easy, do not let Pesach stress you out. Do not enter yomtov feeling like a shmatte. The mitzvah is to get rid of chametz, not dust. hatzlacha to you all.

And above all, please do not let your kids get the impression that cleaning for pesach equals misery. make it fun! and have a chag SAMEACH!

And every year we have threads that go something like this (dated four days before Pesach):
Quote:
Dear imamothers, please help me. I never did anything for Pesach and I had booked two Mexican women to come for the entire morning today (Sunday) and clean the house from top to bottom, and then two yeshiva bochrim to come in the afternoon and turn over my entire kitchen. What shall I do???? The women just didn't show up. And now one of the bochurim called to say he has the flu and can't come and his friend got caught in traffic and will only get here about 4pm and has a chasana he has to leave for at 6. What am I going to do???? Does anyone have a [gentile woman] cleaning lady they can lend me?? I could have cleaned myself, but I usually spend every Sunday lying in and then taking my kids to the park. HELP!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics