Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Leaving a baby alone
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

bandcm

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 10:44 am
MommyLuv wrote:
OMG Bandcm, what a nutty story!! shock

It's my #1 fear: that I'll somehow end up away from my daughter without any way to get to her.

BH your story turned out ok. We gotta be so careful!!

Yes, would you think you can`t open your apartment door and go a step into the hallway with your baby three feet away, leaving the door wide open?
Very scary!

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Dec 21 2006, 11:43 pm
For that reason I told the company we would not have the autmatic locking door. My neighbor's toddlers said "Shalom Ima" and pushed the doo shut. Everyone was tryning to convince her to open the but she couldn't. A man from another apt climbed from balcony to balcony to open it.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 1:50 pm
A neighbor of mine left her 3 year old and newborn in the apartment with the door open and went out in the hallway to talk on the cordless. Why she think s all the neighbors are interested in her private life, I have no idea. So she was pacing the hall and talking, when her 3 yo slammed the door. She began to cajole her into opening it. I don't know if the girl didn't want to or couldn't, but when the mother began to raise her voice, the girl got nervous and began to cry. For 20 minutes the mother was saying, "Open the door" in a strict tone and for 20 minutes the girl was crying. Finally the girl got it right and the door opened up. Ugh. Please, you have the phone. Call someone. Call your husband to come home, call the superintendent, anything. Instead she was making her kid nervous.

Besides for what happened, her 3 yo could've made a run for it when the door was wide open and the mother was on the other end of the long hallway.
All I can say is that Hashem has a special shmira for these children.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 4:49 pm
poor kids Crying I sure hope that mom gave her lots of hugs and learned her lesson!

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 6:02 pm
Unfortunately, I imagine she probably told her off for not listening.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics