Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Kosher Elegance...

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 1:21 pm
So I got the new recipe book by Efrat Libfroind "kosher elegance" for my birthday.
last night for supper I made the chicken bites from page 102.
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone else tried them? or another recipe from her??

culinaryk

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 1:28 pm
I also love this cookbook. It is really beautiful, a feast for the eyes. I love that there is a picture for every recipe. I made the Caramel Pine Nut Gelato and it was delicious. I hope to make more recipes in the future.

teachby

Post Wed, Jul 27 2011, 10:33 pm
I just got this book as a gift. I'm a bit intimidated by it.... anything in there you'd consider easy/simple?

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 3:19 pm
Alot of the pictures look intimidating but alot of recipes you don't actually hsve to present it like she shows.
Next on my list is the green bean colorful salad and the pistachio parfait. I will let you know if I try something else Smile

pobody's nerfect

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 10:17 pm
my MIL just got this for me... DH says it's like food p*rn Smile

I'm definitely intimidated, but definitely gonna try some of her things!
some ingredients are new to me and I have no idea where to get them- hot chili sauce? nougat powder and praline paste? black sesame seeds? I live OOT and don't have access to an all-kosher supermarket. are these things available in non-heimish brands?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2011, 10:28 pm
pobody's nerfect wrote:

some ingredients are new to me and I have no idea where to get them- hot chili sauce? nougat powder and praline paste? black sesame seeds? I live OOT and don't have access to an all-kosher supermarket. are these things available in non-heimish brands?
You can probably find black sesame seeds in the sushi isle.
Hot sauce is made from chili peppers I believe.

nylon

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:35 am
http://www.kingarthurflour.com.....11-oz

I've bought this before. some fancy supermarkets stock it, too. It's pareve under the OK. And delicious, if you like hazelnuts and sugar--I do!

MMEC123

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 10:28 am
I've made a bunch of things from this cookbook and so far I'm happy with it. Some of the desserts are a little rich for my taste but otherwise everything has been delicious!

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 1:11 pm
pobody's nerfect wrote:

LOL
I agree!!

MMEC123 what recipes have you tried?

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 2:39 pm
Do you find that the recipes you try come out looking like the picture?

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 2:51 pm
The only thing I made was the chicken bites and those looked kinda like the picture. Although much less glowing I think there is alot of touch-ups on the pictures to make the light shine off just so to make the picture look amazing (which they do Smile )

reflections

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 1:46 pm
love the cookbook. made the green bean salad-easy and delicious. also made the pomegranite sauce chicken-rave reviews- I used chili spice -it was fine-just not too much-didnt come out exacltly like the picture but life is too short to care !!!! also made the eggplant with the creamed spinach and salmon on top - yum!!!

realeez

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 5:24 pm
reflections wrote:
love the cookbook. made the green bean salad-easy and delicious. also made the pomegranite sauce chicken-rave reviews- I used chili spice -it was fine-just not too much-didnt come out exacltly like the picture but life is too short to care !!!! also made the eggplant with the creamed spinach and salmon on top - yum!!!

I thought it was funny in the green bean salad how she uses pomegranate seeds but the recipe calls for craisins! It's a beautiful cookbook and I've used bits and pieces and ideas from her but probably not yet used one entire recipe yet! I made one of the mini baguette recipes and it was a hit!

rosey

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 1:11 pm
fyi for anyone on facebook here's a link for the fan page. Lots of tips, discussions, recipes and for those who don't have the book yet, sometimes free giveaways and discounts. Happy cooking!

https://www.facebook.com/pages.....14552

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 8:30 pm
Im having guests this shabbos so I am making the salmon skewers for starters and the green bean salad...
I also realized that it looks like she used pomegranate for the green bean salad where it calls for craisins unless she used shiny fresh craisins...

balibusta

Post Wed, Aug 10 2011, 9:02 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
The only thing I made was the chicken bites and those looked kinda like the picture. Although much less glowing I think there is alot of touch-ups on the pictures to make the light shine off just so to make the picture look amazing (which they do Smile )

same here mine did not look quite like the pic

CK2

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 1:22 am
Feldheim is giving one away at cookkosher.com . It's really a beautiful cookbook.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Feb 16 2013, 7:21 pm
I just saw the cookbook today at someones house - beautiful and a bit intimidating pics...
worth it???

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 9:45 am
totally! I love mine! Even just to look at Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics