Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Real food ideas for a business trip
Previous  1  2

myself

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 12:33 pm
How about some canned vegetables plus a container with pasta so he can make himself a pasta salad? I've taken pasta when travelling and it was perfect being out of the fridge for a day.

centurion

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:18 pm
http://www.schickskoshertravelmeals.com/
they also do canned food, which they don't have on their website, so I'd call and find out what they offer in cans- those are supposedly better.
dagim sells fish that comes in a box, then a square can, those are better than standard canned tuna or salmon, these: http://www.dagimfish.com/iteml.....;pg=4
and they go good with reconstituted ramen noodles, bulgur, or my favorite: couscous (not israeli style)

abby1776

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:43 pm
I dont want to deal with boiling water and stuff when I travel. I pack a cooler and ask for a fridge in my hotel room. This is what I bring

Crackers/Pita
Peanut Butter
Chumas
Salamis/Turkey Breast
Mayo or Horseradish Sauce

Chanie

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 5:23 pm
Thanks everyone for ur input. I'm really looking for ready meals with little or no prep. My husband will be staying at a hotel where right near where all the meetings are taking place. He's not renting a car, so he can't plan to run around picking up food and then preparing it and he's flying into the US so has restrictions of what foods he's allowed to take through customs.
We also keep cholov yisroel, and pas yisroel so can't pick up dairy products and bread at a corner store.

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 5:59 pm
Chanie wrote:
Thanks everyone for ur input. I'm really looking for ready meals with little or no prep. My husband will be staying at a hotel where right near where all the meetings are taking place. He's not renting a car, so he can't plan to run around picking up food and then preparing it and he's flying into the US so has restrictions of what foods he's allowed to take through customs.
We also keep cholov yisroel, and pas yisroel so can't pick up dairy products and bread at a corner store.

As mentioned, there's Noah's Ark.

Or any of these:

http://www.koshermealstogo.com.....index

http://www.schickskoshertravelmeals.com/

Chanie

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 8:26 pm
Thanks, Barbara. That seems to be what I was looking for. I'm going to show my husband these options and see what he thinks.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 8:42 pm
I've travelled a lot and this is what I do when I go places. I took along canned meals from schiks in Brooklyn on overseas trips (out of the country without any issues) They were really simple and easy to heat up. I filled the bathtub in the hotel room with the hottest water, and left the can to float there for 5 min. And voila! I had a warm meal of meat and rice! The only thing I had to bring along was a can opener. Schiks has a few options of food that can be canned.
Another option that a lot of mashgichim do (and ppl that travel a lot) is to buy a fish from a fish market there, wrap in on tin foil and use the iron in the hotel room to "grill" the fish, or you can buy a cheap disposable grill.
If you will be having a microwave in the room, Schiks also has a frozen meal option which is double sealed. ( I've used these too for shorter distance trips) and there's more of a variety of foods to choose from.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics