Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby is having surgery - what to pack?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 10:12 am
My baby is having emergency surgery and will be hospitalized for about a week. What do I pack in his hospital bag? Do I need to bring formula/ bottles, diapers/wpies or does the hospital provide that? (in the US). He currently takes 6 oz at a time, so the little bottles they give in the newborn nursery wont be enough unless they/I give 3 per feeding. I'm planning on bringing his own clothing, even if they provide, because I want him to look good. Any thing else I should be packing?

Liba

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 10:15 am
Bring formula, you can always bring it home. Toys, wipes, diapers if your child has a brand he does best in, a blanket, and make sure to pack food, snood, any medications you need, and changes of clothing for yourself.

Refuah shelayma!!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:29 am
Thanks for the response. Anyone else have anything to add? If your baby had surgery in the US, what were some things that you were glad you brought along or wish you had?

kb

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 6:39 am
When my baby had surgery in NY, they provided diapers wipes and formula - as much as he needed, so I would say no need to bring that. They will take care of him, you don't have to bring any 'needs' for him. It would probably be a good idea to bring some familiar items - you didn't say how old he is, but his sleeping blanket, a teddy, his favorite toy, pacifier would be a good idea. My son was 6 weeks, and we brought his mobile and I really think it made a difference. Bring real food for you and your husband.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics