Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Pesach food programs

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:36 am
 I live in ny. I'm looking for an organization that gives out free food for pesach. Cases of eggs, potatoes, etc. Any ideas? TIA

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 1:00 pm
oh yes, I hear you loud and clear. I am in need as well and will be following this thread.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 2:45 pm
Hmmm. Maybe ppl that accept food programs don't have internet to respond here. I don't know. I'm getting nervous. I've also been unable to get through to tomchei shabbos.

mfb

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 2:50 pm
There are usually drives in BP closer to peach time from companies that donate things I'm not sure who sponsors the rest if I hear more info I'll try to post

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 4:33 pm
I usually hear about them much closer to pesach. Try your city councilman's office.

nyer1

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 4:50 pm
Wow to the another posting about Internet above... That was incredibly insensitive

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:20 pm
Well, I am feeling sensitive. Being poor is hard. I guess it brings out the best in some and the worst in me. my husband is depressed about our financial situation and I'm having a hard time struggling everyday trying to decide what I'm supposed to be spending money on and what I'm not supposed to be spending money on. and then on top of that I'm making Pesach and it's not like I can ask my neighbors 'oh by the way, where can I get free food from'. So yeah, the pressure is getting to me. BH, I can post anonymously.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:46 pm
yeh I have a similar situation. I have internet but no pocekt money. and if it would be me making the choice if to have internet or not I would not be having it. so no its not in my hands. even though some of you think it is. there is just so much control I have. and yes I have the computer so I am making use of it. if I can get my dh to get rid of computers and internet wow that would be one of my big rewards ever.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 6:25 pm
Try calling masbia and see if they can assist you further...http://www.masbia.org/

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 6:56 pm
For those asking about tomchei shabbos, my mom called them for someone in need. They are impossible to reach but she knows someone that works there. Unfortunately they weren't able to help. They are not taking new cases now and can barely manage their weekly roster as is.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 11:10 am
I heard there is an organization in Williamsburg that can help,
Perhaps some Willy moms can help give you info.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 7:53 pm
Bump

amother

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 11:08 pm
Bump

Fabulous

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 11:20 pm
I know Mesamchai Lev helps distribute matzos at COST. It's not free but it's good quality matzos for half price or less for families in need.

momX4

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 11:45 pm
I recently got internet at home. I actually pay less now since my phone is from cablevision as well. Dont assume financially challanged people "splurge" on paying for internet.

As for the food program, sorry I cant help you. My tax return will hopefully cover Pesach as well as many overdue expenses.

tikvuchka

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 12:18 am
were not rich but were getting by this pesach, and we have space so whoever needs a place please pm me.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 6:02 am
For those who are wanting help, I have a question. If someone wanted to give you an anonymous gift of maos chittin, would you rather get a gift card to a small local kosher store, a larger grocery store, or would you rather have the money?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 7:17 am
I would appreciate the help and I would appreciate money more than a gift card to a specific store because I shop for the best deals at multiple places
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics