Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
URGENT 10 yr old girl on echmo - open heart surgery

Avrahamamma

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 4:44 pm
Her name was just changed as per Rav Kanievsky to RUCHAMA SARA MIRIAM bat TAMAR. Here is a letter from her aunt. The family asked that we concentrate on tehillim 147 to heal her heart http://www.dailytehillim.com/D.....k=147

Here is the link to the facebook page if you would like to see pictures of this precious little girl it helps me to envision her healing.

Dearest Loved ones,

I hope this finds you well. I apologize for the seriousness of the following letter but we do indeed find ourselves in a difficult time.

My precious niece Sara (Sara Miryam bat Tamar), who just a few years ago was stricken by the H1N1 virus and sustained major health set backs from that, has again been stricken. Just like last time, Sara developed a form of myocarditis (water around the heart) as a result of the Flu. Despite being vaccinated, this flu somehow made its way thru our protective shield to Sara. My sister Tamar realized that Sara was unwell and brought her directly to Columbia Presbyterian hospital ER to be seen by her cardiologist, the best in the world. They did indeed find water around her heart. This time, We thought we caught it in time.

Unfortunately, it was not about timing. After they drained fluid from her heart, it just kept coming back. Her body was revolting against the virus and itself. Her heart was too strained to beat. With many feats of Divine providence, though it seemed very bleak to say the least, with no time to spare, the Drs. Were able to get my sweet Sara onto this ECMO machine and stabilize her condition. It was not clear if they would be able to do it. Thank GD one of many hurdles had been over come.

An ECMO Machine or extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) is an extracorporeal technique of providing both cardiac and respiratory support oxygen to patients whose heart and lungs are so severely diseased or damaged that they can no longer serve their function. It is extremely precarious and very complicated requiring a team of Drs. To monitor her every second of the day. We are far from "out of the woods". Very very far.

We now pray, watch and wait. Just as in the Purim story, it says Mordechai watched and waited to see what Ha-Shem's plan was to be. Why had He appointed Esther, a Jewish orphan, to be queen of Persia? What purpose could she serve? We wait to see what Ha-Shem's plan is with our precious Sara. What his plan is for us. What we need to learn from this. Queen Esther was integral to the triumph and survival of the entire Jewish Nation in the Purim Story and we know that Sara's role in our lives is just as important. We Pray, Beg and Weep to Ha-Shem to answer our prayers in the way we want them to be answered. To throw open the gates of Rachamim - Mercy, and protect our Sara from any more complications, harm and pain in her life and deliver her safely back into our loving arms. We cry out, screaming from our own pain too. We are all going thru this, a painful second time, together.

Thank GD our community from Great Neck and around the world is amazing. People are volunteering for everything. From sitting beside my sister and holding her hand in the hospital, spending time learning Torah at Sara's bedside, sleeping at the hospital, Offering rides, babysitting, cooking...saying the entire book of tehillim countless times, baking challah, giving tzedaka, taking on NEW Mitzvot like keeping Shabbat more completely etc. All in the Zechut (in honor) of Sweet Sara's recovery. For this I am eternally grateful.
Our Tefillot (prayers) are the true cure.

And so, we Pray, watch, wait....do Mitzvot, acts of chesed, treat all of Ha-Shem's creations with respect, be mindful not to speak lashon hara, and Most importantly, we know that with everything, Ha-Shem is our Father in heaven who only has love for us. We accept the massive challenge that Ha-Shem has put in front of us and decide to be Triumphant.

Please add Sara Miryam Bat Tamar, my sweet niece Sara, to your tehillim, hafrashat challah nd mishaberach lists. If you decide to learn something new, do a mitzvah or give tzedaka, light Shabbat candles 5 minutes early or for the very first time at all, please do so in the merit of Sara and all of our sick and ailing brothers and sisters around the world.

Please Share this message with your friends and family as we rally together to Storm The Heavens for my sweet Sara Miryam bat Tamar.

We love her so very much.
B'sorot Tovot and Tizku L'mitzvot.
Shabbat Shalom,
All my best,

Aunti Lani
Ilana Mathias

If you would like to give tzedaka in the merit of Sara's Refua please help us to Re-Open our holy mikveh in Sara's Z'chut. Make charitable donations out to Mikveh Moshe and send them to me (message me for address)

zufriedene

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 10:01 pm
refua shleima!
any upates?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed