Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Nb hasnt pooped in 4 days..ideas?

mbk

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 4:17 pm
Hi! My four week old had a dirty diaper at almost every feeding up to last week when he goes 2-3 days without one. Now Im onto day four and he still hasnt pooped and is very gassy and unhappy. I tried the thermometer with vaseline and it didnt work. I am bf and giving a bottle or two at night. how worried should I be and what can I do to help this poor thing? thanks for any advice.

hbf

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 6:24 pm
It might have something to do with your milk. It could be cabbage, broccoli, pasta, couscous, farfel...some babies can't handle starch in mothers' milk.
Mazel Tov!

shnitzel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 6:30 pm
If he is breastfed just leave it and stop bugging him. Mine was on a weekly pooping schedule from 1 - 3 months, and is only now pooping twice a week. It is totally fine and normal.

shiffycc

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 6:54 pm
Yep. Another "don't worry about it"here. My baby pooped every day of the 6 weeks she was in the hospital. Since she came home, its once a week. I had another kid who pooped once a week for months, until he started eating food. All my various drs have always said it was fine. Make sure he's peeing and at the next appt they'll check his weight. Some of them are just like that.

IRock

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 7:26 pm
I had this with my son. The dr recommended I put some prune juice in his bottle. It was something like 1 oz juice to 3 oz formula/milk. Worked like a charm. Ask your dr if u can do this

gold21

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 7:27 pm
Ask your pediatrician, I was told to put a tablespoon of brown sugar into the bottle ( the bottle can be pumped breast milk since u are breastfeeding). I forget how old my son was at the time, so run this past your doctor.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 9:34 pm
Totally normal! BF babies can go up to two weeks without a BM. Do not put things in a babies bottle, way too young to process it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics