Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Orthodontists in Passaic/Clifton area?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:11 am
Does anyone know of a good, orthodontist? We are rapidly approaching that stage, and I'd like to start doing research...
Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:01 am
Definitely Drs. Ollins and Ollins (father and son). They are two of the most honest, caring professionals I have ever met.

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:02 am
second Dr. Ollins
Had two kids go through it already ..... been complimented numerous times
very honest - told us one child was borderline. Didn't need it unless we wanted perfection which our dd did.
office staff is great, friendly and easy to deal with.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:19 am
thank you so much for your replies! it's great to hear of an orthodontist that has such great reviews

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 12:48 pm
Just letting you know, I don't know if it makes a difference to you or not, Dr Ollins is supposed to be the best, he is also the most expensive. After him (in terms of price) is Dr Chung and then Dr Stern (who hasn't done nearly as many as the other ones). The difference between Stern and Ollins is several thousand dollars but again, Dr Stern is nowhere near as experienced as Dr Ollins.

If money was no object, I'd definitely go with Dr Ollins.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 1:45 pm
Thank u, amother, unfortunately money is an object for us.. Do you have personal experience with Dr. Stern? Of course, we want the best of both worlds-beautiful results for a good price, but I'm afraid to go the "less expensive" route for great of regretting it later...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
Thank u, amother, unfortunately money is an object for us.. Do you have personal experience with Dr. Stern? Of course, we want the best of both worlds-beautiful results for a good price, but I'm afraid to go the "less expensive" route for great of regretting it later...

I don't know what to tell you, I started with Dr Ollins (for initial work) and just couldn't justify the thousands of dollars more (I would've stayed with him if it was hundreds of dollars more) and switched to Dr Stern. I just started so don't really know how it will turn out, I spoke to several people who've used him and they are all happy and also say "if your child's case is complicated maybe go to someone else (because Stern is so new) but if it's simple, he should be fine. . . " How should I know if it's complicated, it looks simple to me but I'm no orthodontist! Anyhow, again, the people who I know who used him are happy so I am going that route at this point. I hope I don't live to regret it!

The vast majority of Passaic/Clifton uses Dr Ollins (my impression).

Dr Chung is the middle ground (pricewise and experience wise, in between Stern and Ollins) if you want to try her. I know people who were very happy with her.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics