Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Gaining it back

shanarishona

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 8:51 am
I had some weight loss and now my weight is climbing again - despite my continuing to maintain my eating habits and exercise (for the most part).

My weight was going down, but there was no period where my weight stayed at that level - it reached a bottoming out and then within two weeks it was starting to rise again.

Now it's climbing, and soon it's going to be pesach and I'm afraid that by the time pesach is over, I'm going to have gained enough weight so that it's overwhelming for me to try to lose it again.

I wish I could get a personal trainer just for a few weeks to get me on track but they're prohibitive.

exercise classes and gyms are not for me. I don't go consitently. But I do exercise consistantly at home, although obviously I need MORE than that now.

what can I do?
does anyone want to be my imamother exercise buddy?

also, some advice please - let's say I where to join a gym - what's happened in the past is that it becomes a cycle - I don't go very often, so once I'm there, I stay for 1-2 hrs making the most of it, and then b/c it took so long - I don't go very often.
I'm thinking making I should join one again - and then just use the elliptical - and ignore everything else, and maybe I'd be more likely to go on a regular basis. (and then if I can do it regularly, then I can add in more maybe)

but what I really need is accountability - to make sure I go even if I am way too busy etc...

chani8

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:18 am
Bottom line is, you have to be eating less calories than you burn.

It's really that simple.

You need to count your calories more carefully, and adjust your daily and weekly intake to reflect what your body needs.

As a 5'2" lazy head, I need no more than 1200 calories a day.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:35 am
I made my home into a gym. For me going and coming is a huge hassle and waste of time. This way I do it at my convenience and it works well bh. You have to know what motivates you-a machine (worth the investment if you are committed), jogging with a friend, a dvd-there are all kinds......

shanarishona

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:38 am
but if I'm eating the same and exercising the same, why is my weight going up when two months ago it was going down?

and why didn't it at least plateau where it was instead of just climbing back up again?

SS6099

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:56 am
Are you by any chance eating too little? Generally speaking, eating too little will initially jumpstart your weight loss, but then you'll gain weight cuz your body will go into starvation mode.

chani8

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:56 am
You must have changed something.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 4:46 pm
join us on myfitnesspal.com if you like. we have a lot of frum ladies there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise