Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pacifier keeps on falling

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:19 am
my dd sleeps in a crib, her pacifier keeps on falling on the floor during the night causing her to wake up and cry, she'll go back to sleep if I come in and pick it up for her. does anyone have any ideas how to keep it in there. I do not want to tie it with a string. there is already a bumper around the crib. any other ideas?

bananasplit

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:53 am
Having it on a string sounds dangerous. Does she look around her crib when she loses it? Maybe keep a few in the crib or attach one to her pjs w a pacifier clip.

busydev

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 4:14 pm
you can try using one of those pacifier clips.

I made a spot at the foot of DS's bed where I put a stack of pacifiers after he is sleeping. They are mostly old (small) ones that he takes if he cannot find the one he likes now. If I put it in before he is sleeping he is liable to throw them all out.

When he wakes in the middle of the night he knows to go looking for them there and when he wakes in the morning he throws out all but the one in his mouth. I used to scatter them over his crib (a couple on either side) but he had a harder time finding them at night once they got tangled in his blanket and he was knocking them out while he was sleeping too.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 10:35 am
Why doesn't the bumper keep them in? If it's secured well, it really should. I found that my two year old at one point was throwing the pacis out of the crib in order to get me to come to him in the middle of the night and give them back to him. Could that be the issue?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 11:52 am
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....52578
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics