Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Lakewood women: When did you stay at home for Pesach first?

Lakewood women: How soon after getting married did you stay at home for Pesach?
Newlywed  
 28%  [ 7 ]
I was married 1 year  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I was married 2 years  
 4%  [ 1 ]
I was married 3 or 4 years  
 24%  [ 6 ]
I was married 5 or 6 years  
 20%  [ 5 ]
I was married 7 or 8 years  
 8%  [ 2 ]
I was married 9 or 10 years  
 4%  [ 1 ]
I was married more than 10 years  
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

amother

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 10:41 am
How many years were you married when you stayed at home for the whole Pesach, or most of it?

I think many (including myself) will find this interesting.

Is it more because of the money or the time/work involved?

TIA

chani8

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 10:54 am
Is "Lakewood women" code for "this thread is for frum women only"????

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 10:58 am
chani8 wrote:

Um, are you implying that all "frum" women live in Lakewood?

chani8

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:00 am
c.c.cookie wrote:
chani8 wrote:

Um, are you implying that all "frum" women live in Lakewood?

That's the question. I was wondering why OP limited this to only Lakewood, as if the rest of us aren't frum enough to count.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:00 am
I am not the OP, nor do I live in Lakewood, but what I think she means is that many women in Lakewood are not from there. So, usually if you live near parents/in laws you can just go out meals. When you live a drive away, you have to move in and it's a shlep.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:05 am
Fabulous wrote:
I am not the OP, nor do I live in Lakewood, but what I think she means is that many women in Lakewood are not from there. So, usually if you live near parents/in laws you can just go out meals. When you live a drive away, you have to move in and it's a shlep.
OP here. Thanks! My Chassidic relatives (theyre frum too, by the way) who generally live in the same neighborhood as parents and in laws, go to one another for meals. Much less work for both.

chani8

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:13 am
Huh?

What's the Lakewood kesher then?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:27 am
chani8 wrote:
Huh?

What's the Lakewood kesher then?
OP here. My question should have read ALL women who live far from parents and in laws and because of that, have to move in, and cant stay at home and come only for meals. (BTW, theres another issue predominant in Lakewood- a money issue, because most often theres only one income and its harder to make Pesach).

anotherima

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:32 am
I think most people start making pesach at home when they have many children and too hard to shlep them. Or the parents are not able to make pesach anymore and the parents go to the kids.
I am not from Heilegah Lakewood but I think it is much easier for both sides when you just go out for meals and you don't have to move out for the entire pesach.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 11:48 am
we stayed home last year for part of chol hamoed and the second days because I was due right after pesach and didnt want to be an extra hour and a half away from the hospital in case I needed to go. we wanted to go to my parents this year for chol hamoed/second days, but it was way too expensive.....
not ready to be home for the sedarim yet, and as long as my in laws are ok having us, I am ok going Smile

amother

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 7:16 pm
I lived in Lakewood for about seven years after I was married, and we were on the cusp of starting to make YT ourselves, both sukkos and pesach. We built a sukka and cleaned for pesach because we were usually home chol hamoed. Then we moved further from everyone (family is all in tri state) and now it's our chance to see everyone. So we're back to being newlyweds, selling the house/no sukkah, packing the kids, and going to parents and in laws.

Although a friend of mine once commented to me "We just made our first bar mitzvah, and we're starting to think about spending the second shabbos chanukah on our own..."

cs1

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 7:33 pm
I dont live in lakewood.
However, I move into my parents every pesach (they live in brooklyn).
They would be desperate if we werent there. I only have one 18 yr old bochor who is barely home...the rest of the kids live too far. I love in nj so not too bad. Its great for me and great for them.
I always make sure to help out at least 2 hrs a day, and they love having us as the extra company. They would seriously be depressed of we didnt come...and I am not complaining....so everyones happy Wink
(Married 4 yrs with a baby)

mommygmer

Post Mon, Mar 25 2013, 9:44 am
I made the 3 pasach 2 nd year we were maried we lived in lake wood and was due with my 2nd I didn't think I was going to have her for a wile since I was late with my first
I ended up having her on yomtov
Made pasach ever since this will be are 7 pasach
We live out of town so it would be nice to be with family last year we rented an apartment in are home town so we got to make the seader and all the.night meals and get to spend day meals with family
That was the best yomtov
We can't aford it this year hopefully next year
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics