Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Regifting

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 12:45 pm
I regifted a gift card; think that was bad? I would give details but just in case the person's online, I don't want to say anything too much more..........

Tefila

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 1:20 pm
There is already a thread on this I think it's called 'recycling gifts'. I will see if I can find it. And then the mods can possibly combine it.

mumoo

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 1:36 pm
dd of a close friend (whole families are friends) received several gift cards. What did she do with them? She went out and bought presents for all my children-even the boys. This isn't bad taste, its beautiful

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 8:05 pm
well, what else to do with something you have no use for? give it to someone who might use it!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 8:11 pm
I do it with baby gifts. Some people don't really put much thought into the size/season of clothing they are giving you. I know it's the thought that counts, but if you are already giving a gift, don't give a size 3 months summer outfit in November. (in a place where it is cold)

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 8:29 pm
Amother, that IS crazy.

We regifted the whole gift card. Not just buying things from it and giving them....I think it was a nice gift but dh doesn't care much to shop and was happy when I offered him the cash for it...

amother

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
I do it with baby gifts. Some people don't really put much thought into the size/season of clothing they are giving you. I know it's the thought that counts, but if you are already giving a gift, don't give a size 3 months summer outfit in November. (in a place where it is cold)

same here --
or I got more clothing when the kids have enough, thank G-d.
to tell you the truth: I have a closet full of clothes that my kids haven't worn! I regift and/or save for future kids!

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 8:46 pm
I think that it is very important when giving gifts that enough thought is put into the person you are giving it to - it is also fun to be able to like what you're giving too.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 8:53 pm
I guess that's why gift cards are so popular, but not everyone is a shopper...and many ppl lose them, too.....

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:21 pm
I run a gmach for babies and children- I only keep the best of the donations. People ask where do we get such nice stuff? A lot of it is those size 3months summer stuff that people gave in September.

I use gift cards when I don't really know someone well or I know them very well and know they will definitely like/use the card. My ds thinks giftcards say you couldn't put any effort into thinking of a good gift. (Of course, if you gave him one he wouldn't hesitate to use it)

cindy324

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 11:28 am
I love gift cards, whether it's recycled or not. I'd much rather receive a gift card than a specific gift, that way I can get somehting I can really use.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 2:05 pm
Id rather get a gift card, than an actual present. Someone had given me a $50 giftcard at The Childrens Place. I waited till they had their sales, and then I went shopping. I got more for the $50 than she would have given me considering that there were no sales going on at the time that she bought the giftcard.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 9:09 pm
mumoo wrote:
I run a gmach for babies and children- I only keep the best of the donations. People ask where do we get such nice stuff? A lot of it is those size 3months summer stuff that people gave in September.

I use gift cards when I don't really know someone well or I know them very well and know they will definitely like/use the card. My ds thinks giftcards say you couldn't put any effort into thinking of a good gift. (Of course, if you gave him one he wouldn't hesitate to use it)

Mumoo, that's so nice! Do you need any donations now? Where are you located? Maybe I can share some of my stuff with your gmach.
Only new, or also used in good condition? Please post here or PM me. thanks! tizki l'mitzvos!

melalyse

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 1:46 pm
NY2434 - That is exactly why I don't like gift cards. I am going to go to the Children's place anyway and buy anything that I want when everything is $4. I just spent a $54 gift card at babies r us on diapers and pacifiers etc.. I much rather get a gift that I wouldn't necessarily buy on my own. Unless I have anything I could possibly want and I might as well have someone buy diapers for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics