Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do some people have it ALL while others suffer?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:

We've all learned in school about the wealthy person who saw his afterlife, and realized his table was missing a fourth leg in the hereafter, to compensate for his wealth in Olam Hazeh.

But............................................... does this ease the pain of the OP, going through such H---L ,knowing that they'll have more in Olom Haboh?Why do some people get punished so?

I never learnt this in school. Probably because I never learned Judaism like that. These are not punishments and we are not catholic. No body in this world can ever say it’s a punishment because nobody is G-d. Where I come from, they are simply tests. Nowhere does it say explicitly, at least to my knowledge, that if you have abundance in this life, you will take away from your olam haba. That it terrible to think. You can have it great in both worlds and you don’t sacrifice anything. Only the person going through the test can really try to think hard and see why this is happening to her, and what she can do now.
Life is not standing still. It’s waiting for the next move from us. More to the point, Hashem is waiting for our next move, so that we can change our circumstances.
I know a girl that looks like she has it all from the outside, and as a result, many people are very jealous of her. But what she experienced in her life, you would never wish upon yourself in a million years. As much as we would like to think we really have the whole picture on our friends, we dont.

ceo

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 4:23 pm
preggymama wrote:
[
What if someone were to say that about themselves and their own life - that they think their life is easy and relatively tzaros-free? I think mine is... (but then again, I am pretty young so who knows what the future will be...)

HKBH might gives you tzaros, but He also gives you the kelim to deal with those problems. Meaning lets say you only have problem "A" in your life, and your neighbor has "A, B, and C." You were only given the tools to deal with your problem. Your neighbor was given the tools to deal with problems A, B, and C. Does that make sense? So to you, problem A is just as big as your neighbor with her stuff

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 4:32 pm
Nope - last I checked I don't have those tools

preggymama

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 6:51 am
ceo wrote:
preggymama wrote:
[
What if someone were to say that about themselves and their own life - that they think their life is easy and relatively tzaros-free? I think mine is... (but then again, I am pretty young so who knows what the future will be...)

HKBH might gives you tzaros, but He also gives you the kelim to deal with those problems. Meaning lets say you only have problem "A" in your life, and your neighbor has "A, B, and C." You were only given the tools to deal with your problem. Your neighbor was given the tools to deal with problems A, B, and C. Does that make sense? So to you, problem A is just as big as your neighbor with her stuff

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I see my neighbors having problems A and B and C - whereas I have only problem A. Which seems to me as only a very small problem. Therefore I see my own life as being easy and relatively tzaros-free in comparison to those around me.

ceo

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 9:12 am
deleted.

Esther01

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 3:09 pm
BTW,
Moshe Rabeinu asked the same question from Hashem. 'tzadik ve'rah lo, rasha ve'tov lo'

I don't know if we are capable in grasping the reason. I think we need to wait till after 120 when we will understand all of Hashem's ways.

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 3:11 pm
Who says the other person "has it all", we can't be the judge...

Someone's garbage can be another one's treasures!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics