Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Frozen french fries

amother

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:47 am
Yes! You read correctly! I don't know how to make frozen french fries and need help. It should be a quick and easy side dish yet, somehow I always mess up. I bake it in the oven as per package instructions but they either come out raw tasting or dry and burnt. How can I get it just right??

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:49 am
Add oil to them, along with spices of your choice like garlic, onion, and pepper. Watch them every few mins, and toward the end, maybe put them on broil for 2-3 mins to make them crispy.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:51 am
LOL, I'm a very good cook and always had the same problem. I usually make fresh and do better with that, but when I resort to frozen I find that I do better by tossing generously in oil (nowhere what I would use for frying, just coat liberally), using slightly lower heat, and tossing the fries several times during the baking, so all sides get baked more equally.

perquacky

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:52 am
Spray Pam on the baking sheet to keep them from sticking and remember to flip them over and stir them around halfway through the baking.
If they're burning, try setting the temperature 25-50 degrees lower. Some ovens don't register the proper temperature, and yours may be hotter (or cooler) than it should be.

wow

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 10:59 am
If you don't neccessarily care if they're crispy or not, I do them in the microwave with spices for a quickie. Comes out fresh and soft.
(About five mins in my micro)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen