Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Returning Papers

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 9:10 pm
I find that I'm horrible at returning papers. They're graded and sitting on my test, but it's only after I dismiss my class that I remember that I needed to hand back papers.

One solution that I came up with, was to return the papers as soon as the period begins. However, I really don't like doing that because the students get caught up looking at their grades, putting the papers in their notebooks, or comparing papers with other students. I really dont like this idea.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? What works for you?

goodmorning

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 9:52 pm
I don't know what grade you teach, but when I was in high school, teachers used to tell us that they have our papers to return, can someone please remind them 5 minutes before the end of the period?

Trust me, there was always someone (usually several someones) who remembered!

wifeandmore

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 10:37 pm
Exactly. Or for youngr grades return at beginning of class and put on 5 min timer. Let them comparte answers fr 5 minutes or come up to ur desk for questions. Once it buzzes times up time to put tests in backpacks and continue class

amother

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 7:15 am
I leave them on my desk.
They're folded in half with the names on the outside, and when the period is over the girls take them by themselves.

morah

Post Tue, Apr 09 2013, 7:34 am
I tell them at the beginning that I have them but they have to wait till the end of the period. Trust me, plenty of them remember with 5 minutes left of class and say so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics