Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where to buy linen set full size in "goyeshe" stor
Previous  1  2  3

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 12:33 pm
jflower wrote:
greenfire, the reason I got 48" beds is that 39" beds were too small, and there was simply not enough room for 2 full size 54" beds.

I buy 54" sheets, which work well enough. I also bought 54" dust ruffle & stitched it up in the middle (the part that doesn't show & lies under the mattress) so that the sides don't drag on the floor. Twin duvet covers for my twin size quilts. Works great.

way more practical than buying solely linen sets that cost more cause they're made to order

kb

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 12:36 pm
Watergirl, I've gone into frum linen stores also and bought nice soft linen for a good price. Not only that but the salesperson was nice, courteous, knowledgable - she told me which fabrics would and wouldn't hold up to Israeli washing machines - AND I got everything I needed in one store. And I've gone into 'non jewish' stores waited for half an hour to find out that the salesperson doesn't know what he's talking about, and ended up walking out with nothing.

Just saying - you get all types of shopping experiences whether or not you shop in non jewish stores. Very Happy

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 1:10 pm
kb wrote:

Just saying - you get all types of shopping experiences whether or not you shop in non jewish stores. Very Happy

curious about your little laugh - do you realize you're using a derogatory word - it seems purposeful and vengeful in the case at hand

kb

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 2:06 pm
No, my point was not to be vengeful, I just hate when people stereotype. And I used the word non jewish since that seemed to be the terminology used on this thread. Some stores have good customer service, some have bad customer service. It has nothing, in my opinion, to do with the religion of the owner or worker - rather, it has to do with the person himself. (Sorry if I wasn't clear before.)

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 9:14 pm
Am I the only one who is slightly offended/annoyed/irritated by the term "non jewish?

Why can't you simply ask for suggestions for stores that sell discounted linen?

It just seems so primitive.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 9:16 pm
And, my suggestion for a store to be discounted but high quality linen would be Ikea.

Their linen washes very well and the colors never ever fade. The sheets seem to get softer and softer with multiple washes.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics