Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Parve peanut butter ice cream with pb chunks

be good

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 9:37 pm
parve peanut butter ice cream with pb chunks

1 14-oz Can Whole or Light Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (or to taste, I used lightly salted)
1/3 cup Agave Nectar, Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, or Honey* (or to taste)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
(optional: 1 batch Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Chunks-recipe below)

Combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, sweetener, and vanilla in your blender (I use immersion blender), and blend until smooth. Place the mixture in your refrigerator and allow it to thoroughly chill before proceeding.

Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions (this recipe is rich enough, that you may have success simply freezing it and stirring occasionally until frozen if you don’t have an ice cream maker).

*If using honey, combine ingredients in a saucepan over low heat instead of with a blender.

TO MAKE THE PEANUT BUTTER CHUNKS:
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (I use lightly salted)
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar or Honey (don’t sub sugar here, you want soft chunks)
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

While that is whirring away, you can make the PB chunks. I found them a bit waxy, so I leave them out) The recipe below makes a lotta chunks. If you want to start with less, half it.

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, and stir until everything is melted and combined.
This makes a lot of PB chunkage, so you may only want to use 1/2 or 3/4 of the recipe for the ice cream quantities in the recipe above.

When the ice cream is done, pack it into your chilled container, and drizzle the top with as much of the melted PB Chunks as you desire, creating a thin or thick layer. Freeze until mostly firm. The PB chunk layer will be solidified, break it up with a spoon and stir into the peanut butter ice cream. Freeze until completely firm. Spoon into bowls, enjoy.

Read more: http://spryliving.com/recipes/.....rITWX
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics