Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Bowls

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 4:05 pm
since one is not supposed to derive pleasure from milk & meat thereby not giving a mix to your pet, do you then have separate milky & meaty bowls for your pets ?

sequoia

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 4:06 pm
Would that they ate so well! They just have their dry food. Poor kitties...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 9:32 pm
greenfire wrote:
since one is not supposed to derive pleasure from milk & meat thereby not giving a mix to your pet, do you then have separate milky & meaty bowls for your pets ?

Unless you're giving them kosher food, yeah, they need separate non kosher bowls.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 9:37 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Unless you're giving them kosher food, yeah, they need separate non kosher bowls.

oh did you unblock me ...

of course they already have separate bowls from the humans ... but that wasn't my query

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 9:37 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
greenfire wrote:

I actually think this is wrong, that you can feed your pet kosher or not kosher, doesn't matter. So long as you are not deriving pleasure from the turkey and cheese savory shreds

My cat is lactose intolerant in a huge way. I have to hide glasses of milk if I'm drinking them, or not leave any dish on the dinner that has had grated cheese/goat cheese/any cheese because she will like it and, like clockwork, 40 seconds later...

gem

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:09 pm
Most adult cats are lactose intolerant. It's not good for them to drink milk. I don't know about dogs, though. My cat has a dish for food and one for water; she never gets milk.

MrsDash

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:12 pm
Depends on your cats level of kashrus. You may want to buy disposable bowl sets to be on the safe side.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 10:35 am
MrsDash wrote:
Depends on your cats level of kashrus. You may want to buy disposable bowl sets to be on the safe side.

Really? Not doubting you, but remembering specifically reading otherwise. Will look up source later

I just use paper plates, plastic forks to get the food out of the can. We're a milchig only house, this makes that worry free

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 10:44 am
kitty loves milky ... she goes nutso while I'm trying to make coffee cause she knows I'm taking out the milk - I usually give them skim milk - less stress on the tummy - but some cats [not ours] cannot tolerate any dairy

they have bowls for dry & wet ... but sometimes they like to taste the food we're eating which is meaty

hence the thought provoking query - what do you do

mimimom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 3:25 pm
Only if they're Jewish. Wink

chani8

Post Fri, Apr 26 2013, 1:10 am
Wait a second. How can it be that we have to be concerned with meat and milk when we serve them traif????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets