Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Natural antidote for vaccine side effect?

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 10:23 am
My son (age 3) is b"h a health little boy. However, he has had bad reactions to vaccines. He gets achy, red and swollen at the injection spot, and develops a flu kind of fever for a day or two after every vaccine he's received.

At this point, I am way behind on the vaccine schedule and would like to catch up.

I was wondering if there was a way to boost his immune system before the vaccines? Or do I have to live with the side effects?

yogabird

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 10:34 am
I guess you can just pump him with vitamin C for a week or so before, and make sure he gets lots of anti-oxidants so his immune system is up to par.

Also, activated charcoal is supposed to help the body get rid of toxins.

(and if you're really concerned about attacking his immune system, just skip the vaccines entirely.
OK, now shoot me!)

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 10:43 am
I won't shoot you. Not yoga, not a bird. Too lovely.

But I did make up my mind to give vaccines, after thinking and reading a lot. I'm not entirely happy, but it's a choice I've made and I think I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:25 am
yogabird wrote:
I guess you can just pump him with vitamin C for a week or so before, and make sure he gets lots of anti-oxidants so his immune system is up to par.

(and if you're really concerned about attacking his immune system, just skip the vaccines entirely.
OK, now shoot me!)

Ok, I'm really not gonna go the vaccine route here.

But activated charcoal, really?! As an EMT we use that for children who have poisoned themselves, and even then, only in severe cases because it flushes everything out of the system, and can take days to recover from. Activated charcoal is a powerful substance, and should not be used without doctor's orders!

(Anon because people who know I'm an EMT will recognize me.)

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:29 am
amother wrote:
yogabird wrote:

OK, now shoot me!)

Ok, I'm really not gonna go the vaccine route here.

But activated charcoal, really?! As an EMT we use that for children who have poisoned themselves, and even then, only in severe cases because it flushes everything out of the system, and can take days to recover from. Activated charcoal is a powerful substance, and should not be used without doctor's orders!

(Anon because people who know I'm an EMT will recognize me.)

Maybe pumping with huge doses of activated charcoal is a problem. But taking some orally? I have a bottle and use it whenever my stomach is upset. (not often)
I've never heard of that being a problem.

yogabird

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 2:27 pm
jerusalem-girl wrote:
I won't shoot you. Not yoga, not a bird. Too lovely.

But I did make up my mind to give vaccines, after thinking and reading a lot. I'm not entirely happy, but it's a choice I've made and I think I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I bentsch you that in the merit of your doing what you see as best for your child, Hashem will protect him from all harm.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 2:31 pm
jerusalem girl, these reactions are coming from your son's very strong immune system, fighting what it believes to be a live virus. looks like the immune system is doing just fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics