Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
6 y.o needs social skills help

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 9:42 pm
My son is fine playing one-on-one playdates, but in school setting he seems to be having a very difficult time playing with friends. He does tend to get very silly and over excited when he's finally included in a group game (tag, etc.). It has gotten to the point where he told me he has stayed indoors for the past 2 days during recess so that nobody could bother him. He has no idea how to defend himself when a kid or two say something nasty to him or threaten to hurt him. he just runs away from the situation.( to the rebbe, etc.)
Anyone have an AMAZING social skills therapist I can send him to? I don't think he'll need anything very long term, just some basic help.(I hope)
im in LAKEWOOD.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 9:46 pm
Mindy Rosenthal does social skills training. I think she works in groups, but maybe she would do privately if you asked her to.

imasinger

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 10:13 pm
Social skills is usually best done in a group setting. Hatzlacha!

sanity101

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:48 pm
Hi,
There is someone Devora Levovitz who works in Lakewood whom I know through Devora Samet who is a social skills therapist in brooklyn. If you need any information please feel free to contact me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children