Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PLEASE help me figure out what's wrong with dd's private are

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 12:34 pm
I can't figure out what's wrong with her.
she's still in diapers but gets hysterical when we take her diaper off. bath time is a nightmare. (this actually started after we tried toilet training unsuccessfully)
this has been going on for 2 weeks. she never complains that it hurts her to make, but maybe 2-3 times she told me it hurts there.
I noticed when I change her that she is quite 'slimy' there (sorry if TMI) it looks like discharge, maybe a bit more yellow.
I was thinking if it might be UTI but then wouldn't she complain that it hurts to make?
please help me!

octopus

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 12:36 pm
please go to the ped asap. it could be an infection. it could be a labial adhesion (private part got stuck together or semi stuck). if it is an adhesion the urine may be smelly. your dd may cry when urinating. you say it is slimy- it is possible that this is an infection. whatever it is, please, please get off the computer and go to the ped NOW.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 12:38 pm
this is going on for TWO WEEKS and you still didnt go to a doctor?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 12:43 pm
OP here
it's a whole story. we tried toilet training and it didnt work. just before I gave up she had a bath and since she had been holding herself back from making she was scared she'd make in the bath.
so I thought she was traumatized. and since she basically has not mentioned pain at all I thought it was the toilet training trauma that she didnt want to be without a diaper

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 1:01 pm
She needs the doc right away. The toilet training stuff will be fine in time.

In your life, have you ever heard of anyone who didn't figure that out? No.

However back off that for a while, until this infection is cleared up, and she can take a deep breath, and start over.

Nobody learns a complex new skill while in pain. Ever. She can't do that work now.

Take her to the doctor.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 1:06 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
She needs the doc right away. The toilet training stuff will be fine in time.

In your life, have you ever heard of anyone who didn't figure that out? No.

However back off that for a while, until this infection is cleared up, and she can take a deep breath, and start over.

Nobody learns a complex new skill while in pain. Ever. She can't do that work now.

Take her to the doctor.

thanks for your advice and for not making me feel guilty.
I gave up on toilet training as soon as I saw it wasnt happening, I just mentioned it because I thought her symptoms were 'trauma' from the toilet training

granolamom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 2:02 pm
ysmommy wrote:

ouch.

vicki

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
I can't figure out what's wrong with her.
she's still in diapers but gets hysterical when we take her diaper off. bath time is a nightmare. (this actually started after we tried toilet training unsuccessfully)
this has been going on for 2 weeks. she never complains that it hurts her to make, but maybe 2-3 times she told me it hurts there.
I noticed when I change her that she is quite 'slimy' there (sorry if TMI) it looks like discharge, maybe a bit more yellow.
I was thinking if it might be UTI but then wouldn't she complain that it hurts to make?
please help me!

You don't have to know what is wrong with your daughter before you take her to the doctor. Go see a doctor and describe the symptoms. That's what he/she's there for.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 2:32 pm
thanks everyone I will take her to the doctor asap.
now I'm thinking that it might be a yeast infection??

devo1982

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
thanks everyone I will take her to the doctor asap.
now I'm thinking that it might be a yeast infection??

It could be - babies can present a yeast infection with no visible symptoms but urinary discomfort. Take her to get checked out ASAP and may they find out what's causing the poor love discomfort quickly.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 6:20 pm
granolamom wrote:
ysmommy wrote:

ouch.

your right. it wasn't a nice way to say it.

I'm sorry OP.

cdnrivky

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 4:59 pm
Were you able to sort it out? My dd got a really bad yeast infection right after toilet training, and she said it was hard to make. It was also slimy and smelly and got worse very quickly.

I hope it goes well by the doctor.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:30 pm
wondering if there is an update?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics