Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Effective Studying

Motek

Post Mon, Jan 03 2005, 12:12 pm
I find this very interesting. He has given classes in yeshivos, girls' schools, and it can be used by anybody, adults too, for limudei kodesh or limudei chol:

In the Goldhar Learning System you’ll learn how to:

- organize and simplify your lessons into bite size nuggets that are easy to understand and absorb
- write notes in a new format that will dramatically increase your level of comprehension
- reduce your review time by 50% by learning when and how the mind works fastest
- improve your recall for better test scores
- create a mental filing system for quick and easy retrieval
- set and achieve academic goals that you once thought were beyond reach

http://goldhar.com/02.html

AweSumThenSum

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 9:57 am
NOW u tell me? better late than never, though, and I'll read up on it and pass it along to my children if I feel it's shayach. thanks, though.

Motek

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 10:13 am
yeah, why weren't WE taught this in school?

you would think that how to study would be something we covered at some point ... and how to take good notes

oh well

the next generation can benefit though

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 10:39 am
we were taught how to take notes and how to study in high school.
I dont think everyone can take notes or study the same way because people dont think the same way.
the tips we learned in high school just didnt apply to me, and they didnt help either...

so im a little wary about the goldhar system, although I have no clue what it is because I would have to pay to find out...

Motek

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 10:41 am
simple things that help anyone like it's better to write 10 in your notes than "ten", better to write lists vertically, than horizontally, etc.

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 9:38 pm
I became a much better note taker when I got to college. I wrote in all caps and large. Also I always wrote in pencil (.7 mm lead). Now I actually have a hard time write without all caps. Also I wrote with alot of symbols. I was an engineering major in college so I guess I never really wrote about ideas but mostly equations and charts. I also mostly wrote my notes on green graph paper. I got so used to it that even my history notes were on green graph paper. I am so happy that I am not in school.. yippee.

gryp

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 6:51 am
Quote:
I am so happy that I am not in school.. yippee

Shayna Rochel- I say that at least once a day!!

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 17 2005, 10:48 am
Thats what I tell my kids when they need help with homework embarrassed and I can't help them "go to Tatty I have already done all my years of this Smile"

Motek

Post Sat, Jan 06 2007, 7:05 pm
I figure, after two years, it's time to revive this for those who missed it Smile

brooklyn

Post Sun, Jan 07 2007, 4:17 am
In my DD school they teach this system to the middle school students.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children