Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Sefira & posting music videos

greenfire

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 1:21 pm
so how does this work - it's sefira - yet plenty of people post music videos ... do you skip over them, watch them, post them, listen just cause it's posted but wouldn't say go turn on the radio ???

I'm guilty of sporadic listening - also if people are playing music around me & I cannot stop them

[I'm also guilty of not knowing how to spell spuratic]

chanchy123

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 1:26 pm
I listen to music during sefira (the halacha is not to shave/cut hair and get married, unlike the three weeks). however, we only keep minhagei aveilut until lag ba'omer so even if we did not listen to music we would now.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 1:27 pm
Not everyone is makpid for the entire duration of sefiras haomer. Many people have started listening to music now that Lag B'omer has passed.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 1:47 pm
Some poskim hold only live music is ossur, not electronic noise
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note