Home

Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Report offensive ad

amother

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 11:54 am       Post subject: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
I'm from OOT and don't know my way around Lakewood

My son will be getting married B"H the beginning August in Lakewood, and will live there afterwards.
He will be in kollel there.

We need help in looking for a 2 bedroom apartment.

He and his Kallah would like to live in an area where there is young Sephardic ( preferably Syrian) couples.
It must be walking distance to a Sephardic Kinnis that is young and vibrant. They are very social people and like to have friendly ( not nosy) neighbors.

Which areas should we be looking in. Please be specific with street names.
Are there any new construction areas that the young sephardic families are looking to move into.

Also how much can I expect to pay for rent in those areas

If this is personal, and you would like to pm me the info, please do so.

I looked in Masa Umatan, BP, The Voice, but since I don't know the street names I don't know which listings to call.

TIA for all your help

rise above

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 1:10 pm       Post subject: re: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
Ask around about the Pine street neighborhood. There a lot of sephardim living there between Pine River, Arlington.. and they do have a big shul.

amother

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 1:16 pm       Post subject: re: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
He will be a lot happier in the Deal Collel and get paid better ..
Just my humble opinion

Simple1

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 1:32 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
amother wrote:
He will be a lot happier in the Deal Collel and get paid better ..
Just my humble opinion

That is if they are accepting new people on the payroll. But in any case, he can live in Lakewood and commute. I think it's easier for newcomers to integrate into the Lakewood Syrian community more than the Deal community - that is assuming you're basically Yeshivish and willing to go by Lakewood standards. The cost of living also is way cheaper in Lakewood than in Deal.

amother

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 10:36 pm       Post subject: re: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
The Pine river development has lots of sephardim and 2 sephardi shuls right outside the development. Basements are about $900 before utilities.

chocolate chips

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 10:59 pm       Post subject: re: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
I have a friend that lives in one of the developments on pine street (cannot remember the name, its ponderosa drive) and most of her neighbors are sefardi. She loves it there.

September June

Post Posted: Tue, May 07 2013, 11:01 pm       Post subject: Re: re: Where do newly wed Sephardic live in Lakewood
chocolate chips wrote:
I have a friend that lives in one of the developments on pine street (cannot remember the name, its ponderosa drive) and most of her neighbors are sefardi. She loves it there.

Pine River Smile

Common sense is like deodorant those who need it most never use it.
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Page 1 of 1