Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
OMG Chocolate/Peanut Butter Cheesecake - No Bake!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:14 am
I just saw this on aish.com:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake

This is another of my favorite food combinations and has the advantage of being no bake!

Crust:

1-1/2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted

Filling:

¾ cup smooth peanut butter
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
1-1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped
5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3-1/2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup sugar
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping:

6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

For crust, mix together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

For first filling layer, beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Fold in 1-1/4 cups whipped cream and spread over crust. Return to refrigerator.

Place semisweet and milk chocolates in a small bowl. Heat sugar and milk until just boiling. Pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature and fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over peanut butter layer, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.

For topping, place semisweet chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream until just boiling and pour over chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to almost room temperature and gently spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate until set. Can be store for a few days in the refrigerator or longer, covered, in the freezer.

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:22 am
Sounds SO SO good! Thanks for sharing!

exhausted

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:22 am
Yum!! Can you clarify one part of the recipe please? You list 1 1/4 cups whipped cream in the ingredients and then in the instructions it says to mix in 1-1/4 cups whipped cream. Later it says to add the rest of the cream, what's the rest? How much?

bargainlover

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:29 am
I just made this...it is heavenly! Just wondering if you know if I freeze it, how long before should I take it out to defrost?

exhausted

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:32 am
Ok, I read the recipe again and again and I think I figured it out. It's 1-1/4 cups cups heavy cream before it's whipped and that obviously increases after it's whipped. Is that right?

ChossidMom

Post Tue, May 14 2013, 6:39 am
Exactly whom are you asking? I just re-posted a recipe I read on Aish.com!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics