Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
3yr old denying what teacher says

mima

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 12:02 pm
Hi, I'm a newcomer to the site and was looking for advice.
We have a 3 yr old little boy who is VERY independent and confident. He keeps his kindergarten teachers on their toes the entire day long. Whenever I come to pick him up they have something negative to report about what he's done. When I question my son about it he vehemently denies it. I don't want to always appear to be siding with the teacher - but how do I get him to admit what he's done so that we can discuss about him not doing it again?
Any ideas?

red sea

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 12:08 pm
All you can do is your phrasing and tone, there are kids who will not tell unless they think it will make you happy that xyz and they wont take a chance displeasing you

red sea

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 12:08 pm
All you can do is your phrasing and tone, there are kids who will not tell unless they think it will make you happy that xyz and they wont take a chance displeasing you

faigie

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 12:16 pm
question the child with the morah present?

ChavieK

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 2:14 pm
I hope they also have some good things to say about your son, or I would be concerned. Independence and confidence can be channeled into wonderful possitive traits.You need the right fit in teachers to get him there. Don't let it be made into total negative.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 5:08 pm
Please look into this more. And do it in a way that the child knows you will still love him or her. Imo 3yr old is too young to lie Crying Crying And yes I am a preschool teacher too. Sometimes they can twist a story b/c in their mind that is what happend but I don't buy that they lie at that age Exclamation

mima

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 5:36 pm
They have plently good to say about him. With all his independence he is VERY charming and friendly too.
I will clarify what exactly happened tomorrow - b/c today when I came to get him the teacher was kinda exasperated being at the end of the day and all - and my son was crying.

HealthCoach

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 11:08 pm
You can try saying that you are not upset about it, you just want to talk. While talking, try to get your child to see the other perspective. Your child might not be lying, but may see things differently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics