Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Detroit

shmaichul

Post Sat, Mar 16 2013, 10:52 pm
I have been seriously looking to buy a house in Detroit now for the past year, and although we have put in many offers we haven't had much luck.
Many people have been telling us that the best way to do it is to find out who is planning on selling and try to get it before it goes on the market. I am looking for a 4 bedroom home preferably in north Oak Park but Southfield is also ok.
If anyone has any leads I would really appreciate if you can either post here or pm me. Thank you!

thatgirl

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 12:31 am
There's a home right behind us... not sure how many rooms it has though

shmaichul

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 9:36 am
Thanks but I'm pretty sure its only 3 bedrooms. (And its also not really in the location were looking for...)

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 3:13 pm
Good luck we have been looking to move from our SMALL 3 bedroom to a 4 bedroom for about 3 years now and nothing is out there or there are 40 people bidding on the same house. We are looking in Southfield which is harder also. I have been trying to convince DH to move to young Israel of Southfield area cause at least therearebigger houses available there but he doesn't want to be the only black hat. Plus our kids wouldn't have school friends there

thatgirl

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 4:31 pm
The problem is the big big homes are in far out southfield which is not so in the community. Also the more beautiful homes are in Huntington Woods and WB but its too far out. I have a great agent we worked with if you want the number.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 5:40 pm
We are looking for a house anywhere from wood villa to Southfield rd. And Jeanette till Lincoln don't know if you consider that not so in the community but it's where all our friends are buying. We live in Southfield now but closer to greenfield and it's just took small we are bursting at the seams. I can't fit 2 beds in one of the bedrooms so I have 3 kids in 1 room and 1 in another it's ridiculous.

thatgirl

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 5:51 pm
Keep in mind that a lot of 4 bedroom homes have smaller sized rooms than the 3 bedroom which will fit more beds in.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
Good luck we have been looking to move from our SMALL 3 bedroom to a 4 bedroom for about 3 years now and nothing is out there or there are 40 people bidding on the same house. We are looking in Southfield which is harder also. I have been trying to convince DH to move to young Israel of Southfield area cause at least therearebigger houses available there but he doesn't want to be the only black hat. Plus our kids wouldn't have school friends there

Not to get involved in your SB but he might be right. Not just that but with your kids not having friends, you'll live in your car and/or be miserable. Trust me, I know what it is to want more square feet but it's not worth it. Hatzlacha to all!

And when it comes to square feet, remember the basement - a colonial will likely have a smaller basement than most ranches.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 11:43 am
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:

Not to get involved in your SB but he might be right. Not just that but with your kids not having friends, you'll live in your car and/or be miserable. Trust me, I know what it is to want more square feet but it's not worth it. Hatzlacha to all!

And when it comes to square feet, remember the basement - a colonial will likely have a smaller basement than most ranches.

I know my DH is right but I really really need a house over3k square feet. We are at the point that we care going to put a second floor on our ranch if we do not find something soon.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 12:44 pm
amother wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
amother wrote:

I know my DH is right but I really really need a house over3k square feet. We are at the point that we care going to put a second floor on our ranch if we do not find something soon.

If you're on a block where it's been done, and that you're happy on, and you can afford to do it, why not? Or what about bumping out? You might be surprised at what can happen breaking into another room and adding another one or two.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 12:48 pm
there is a house on vernon street but it might be a foreclosure or short sale. I don't know the condition. that's central oak park.
I can get you the info if you are interested.

shmaichul

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 12:53 pm
Can you pm me amother? Id love info

amother

Post Fri, Mar 22 2013, 11:47 am
We can't bump out the city codes say we have to much building land ratio because we have a garage. No one has added a second floor on our block but people have done additions so why not. We may go that route but I would still rather move. When we talked to the builder he said we would have to move out for a minimum of 6-8 months and pack up whole house I don't think I can deal with being displaced that long but we shall see.

shmaichul

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 8:23 pm
Just wanted to bump this up....If anyone has heard of anything please pm me as we're still searching.

thatgirl

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 9:35 pm
house on lathrup off of 10
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating