Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Supervisor at Work - Obnoxious!

gesher

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 6:21 pm
I work in a special ed school and my supervisor is an older single adult who thinks she's g-ds gift to humanity, miss know-it-all and noone else can offer any opinions or suggestions that are worth to be acknowledged! She has power and control issues and I don't know how to deal with her. When I was out for a day due to my son being sick she was furious with me and the next day wasn't in talking terms with me! (I was in charge of doing a lesson that day) I mean c'mon! we are all adults here!! When she gets mad at me she'll often try to knock me or insult me indirectly or put me in a spot where I have to defend myself. There is nooo reason for this. How do I deal with this situation? Any 'social communication' tips would be helpful.

thx

thinkermother

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 6:25 pm
Is it possible that there is a subconscious inferiority/superiority struggle going on here? With you being married with child(ren) while she is single and successful? Maybe a perspective shift might help if you would realize where she is coming from.

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 8:11 pm
IRL I get super nice to people like that. I agree with them and use active listening skills so they feel they are heard. Ironically, once I break through to them they stick with me because no one else can put up with them. I have a whole bunch of difficult people in my life. I am the only one talking to certain people.

Just agree with your boss and repeat what she tells you and the baby tantrums should lessen.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 8:44 pm
I agree with both of the above. Very effective and gives you a sense of control without increasing the power struggle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics