Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Measles

amother

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 1:23 pm
my son is three and a half years old and he had the MMR shot in Feb 2010. Do I need to worry about him getting measles? or is he immune?

also, if chas veshalom someone has measles, would it be all over the body?

he has some rashes/scratches and molluscum, so I'm just wondering if I should be worried about measles?

bookie

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 1:26 pm
He is not immune afaik.

I think measles is accompanied by fever. If you are worried about his skin you can always take him to the doctor. I know my doc in Boro Park told me to give the booster to my son two months ago. He is turning four now.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 1:50 pm
There is a booster at age 4, and the rash is accompanied by fever. Have him checked at the doctor but if you suspect it's measles, do not bring him into the office. Notify your doctor in advance.

Peanut2

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 7:01 am
Most people are immune after the first shot, but not all. That's why they give the booster.
You CAN give the booster now. If there are measles cases where you live that's probably a good idea, and usually what doctors recommend. Call your doctor and you can schedule the booster early.
(Of course, you should ask your doctor or nurse if they recommend the same thing I just did. I think they would, but it's always important to ask the doctor or nurse.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics