Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mmr vaccine at 7 months

amother

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:28 pm
due to the recent measles outbreak my dr recommended I vaccinate DS age 7 months even though they don't give it until 12 months typically. And I think I need to give it again at 12 months and again before school. Has anyone ever vaccinated for measles so young? What are risks, and if its safe then why do they wait till 12 months for it? Also will they give the full mmr or just a separate measles one? Dr said its perfectly safe at this age, they only wait because its more effective at 12 months

amother

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 1:23 pm
I would ask the doctor for proof of it being safe to vaccinate a child for MMR five months apart. I would be wary of the risks involved in giving an extra dose so closely together. How do we know it's completely safe? It's not like this has been done for the last 20 years and we could say they all turned out fine (which even that isn't really long enough).

Marion

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 12:27 am
Here they won't give the MMR that early, even for an outbreak. When there was a case of measles in the daycare we were told to take DS#3 (11 months) for an immunoglobulin shot to boost his immune system.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics